46 Rail Gear

F350

Im thinking about buying some 46 Rail Gear. Have any of you been using it to give me some opinions?

Eastman's has a review on some of it in their latest mag. Haven't read it yet though. Will try to see what it says tonight.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-06-13 AT 02:28PM (MST)[p]Yeah buddy, I read that and have been wanting to try it anyway. I think I'm going to jump and get it coming my way.

I have some and haven't had a chance to try it, but looks like it is bombproof. A little heavier then I was expecting, but hopefully that's because it will last a long time. There is a lot of great features like all the pockets and how they're designed. I don't like the logos and how big they are. I will prob cut them off the front of the jacket and vest. It was designed a lot like motocross gear. It really gives you a good range of motion and you don't feel constricted even though it fits kind of tight. Another thing I don't like is the camo hat. Not a big fan of the design. Wish they would of just done a flex fit or regular ball cap.

I just recently purchased my 46 Rail gear and put it to work this past weekend it was windy and rainy most of the weekend and i stayed very comfortable I love all the features that were put into this product line and i look forward to beating it for the rest of the year to see what it can take. So far i highly recommend it!!!

Jarheadhunter and Doug,
Thanks for your take, I too like the flexibility design and that it stays tight to you. The tapered legs are one of my favorite features helping to eliminate the swish swish as you stalk. As far as the hat I would like to see both styles of hats as an option in the future. However I like the military style hat with the short brim for shooting. I did pull the trigger and bought the whole setup. I only have two days in the gear so far. One thing I noticed right away was when I washed it and hung it to dry. It dried Super fast and I was impressed with that..So far so good. Will keep you updated.

Yeah I also noticed when washing for the first time to get the new smell off it dried rather quickly. I never dry any of my hunting clothes in the dryer.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-11-13 AT 07:06AM (MST)[p]I also forgot to mention that while up hunting one of the guys that was using the 46 Rail Gear had a set of small cross country gaitors that were in multicam. They were about a 5-6" gaitor I think just enough to cover his tennis shoes and go up over the bottom of the pants. Looked like it would work great to keep stuff out of your shoes or boots if you wear your boots over the pants.

Jarheadhunter,
I have spent some time in my 46 Rail Gear now, I have to say one of my Favorite items is the Mil dot Pant. The Tapered legs are Freaking Brilliant. I Hunt in Salomon Speed Cross 3 and I run a small gaiter From Mountain Hardware and I am able to completely cover my pant bottom keeping everything tight and rock and brush free. If you haven't yet I would check out all the 46 Rail Gear and pair it up with the Gaiters from Mountain Hardware. Here are some Links if you want to check them out.
http://www.mountainhardwear.com/Seta™-Strapless-Running-Gaiter/OM4089,default,pd.html
http://46rail.com/store/apparel/
http://www.salomon.com/us/product/speedcross-3.html
BTW I went through some of the thickest almost impassable scrub oak this last week and my Rail gear survived without any damage, no zippers came open either.
2966dscn0101.jpg

A look at how functional the stretchable pockets are. But still kep things tight to you so they don't bounce around. They also seem to be at the perfect elevation.

9013dscn0397.jpg

7323dscn0398.jpg

3345dscn0399.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom