5 Acre Lot Above Causey Resevoir

bigfoot llamas

Im looking at a property above causey resevoir in Huntsville, UT short on the funds of doing it myself. Seems like a pretty good deal at 60,000.00. Putting it out there to see if anyone else would be interested in going in on it. Let me know and I can email pics.

meatinthepot
Thad

>Owner says they let you use
>shotgun, archery or muzzleloader.

Have you ever been to Sunridge? It's a pretty cool spot, I have also considered property up that way. I think there is some decent hunting for deer and elk up there. Most lots have hook ups for a cabin, and they allow you to build a cabin (some of those properties do not). I don't think you can go wrong with some land up there.

I haven't yet, probably run up in the next couple days. Probably more of a dream getting the property so I thought I would put it out there so see if there was any interest.

I would like to see some Pictures.
[email protected]

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

If you are looking at getting it for hunting, you might want to reconsider. I know lots of people that own property up there and are considering selling because of the all of the restrictions when it comes to hunting. And it is getting worse by the year. Just a heads up.

Yes I would like it to archery hunt but more for the family a place to go thats close. We can fish and ride the wheelers. Looking at some of the other estates that are up there as well. They are a little cheaper because they do not have the septic tanks and water running to them.

>Any of the other properties up
>in that area that anyone
>knows of being more hunter
>friendly?

Sourdough and Beaver Creek are pretty hunter freindly, but I don't think you can build on your lot. If I'm not mistaken, I think you can only put a shed on your lot.

Sunridge is a good spot. Lots are a good price and you can build a cabin if you want. I personally would be in favor for the hunting restrictions as long as I could bow hunt. I know they don't do any rifle hunts which is awesome in my opinion if you are a bow hunter. That weeds out a bunch of people and keeps a lot of the deer in the area. I know there are some monster moose in that area as well. You would have no problem getting your moose on any of those properties.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-13 AT 08:41AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-13 AT 08:40?AM (MST)

My family has had cabins/lots on Sunridge for 30+ years. I cut my teeth hunting and fishing up there & over the course of many years things have definitely changed... some things for the better, others not so much.
Hunting up there is "quirky" to say the least. Every spring they hold the landowners meeting and I worry each year that hunting will be further restricted. I'm currently ok with the "primitve weapon" restrictions (as they call it) because I have taken up muzzleloader hunting to be able to continue to hunt up there.
Sunridge itself has limited hunting because no hunting is allowed in the cabin/lot areas, so roughly half the land is not huntable. To truly increase your hunting capabilities up there you would want to also invest in a Vista share. No more shares are being created, but if you could find someone willing to sell theirs I would jump on it. Vista is accessed through Sunridge and some of the other adjoining properties and gives access to the left hand fork of the middle fork bordering Broadmouth CWMU to the west, Sharp Mountain CWMU to the northwest, and the middle fork WMA to the south.
We see lots of animals. I have always thought it to be a "nursery area" for deer as we always see lots of does & fawns and mostly smaller young bucks. The largest buck that my family has taken was a 20" 3x4 that my brother shot last year. On occasion we see some really nice bucks but they seem to be transient moving through early in the year to the higher country of Monte Cristo and then coming back in during the rut in search of does to breed. The moose herd is in decent shape but has taken a considerable hit with all the trading that the DWR has done recently. My grandfather drew in 2005 and shot a 45" 11x11 100 yards from the road. Elk are an interesting story up there as the herd was all but eliminated in the mid-90's and traded to Kentucky for turkeys. It seems like they are attempting a comeback and I'm hoping that since the WMA is now in place that the complaints from local ranchers will be fewer and the herd will be allowed to grow.
The fishing has gone in the crapper. The right had fork of the middle fork used to be a sustainable fishery with good water throughout the summer, but because of the heavy water usage by the cabin/lot owners the creek is all but dried up by August (and they'll be adding a new larger reservoir to hold more water this summer so I don't see this turning around EVER). It's unfortunate because I could put on a little #16 Humpy and catch 80 fish in 4 hours. The DWR wanted to rehabilitate the stream and reintroduce the native cutthroat trout population with a price tag of a quarter million or so but realized that it would be a waste of resources because the water levels get too low to sustain any viable cutthroat population. A reservoir was constructed to provide water in the case of a fire up there and it gets stocked annually with tiger trout, but it tends to be shoulder to shoulder especially on the busy weekends.
If the lot does not currently have a cabin on it then be prepared for heavy fees to build... Weber County insists on an "environmental impact survey" that really adds substantial red tape. If there's is nothing already on the lot most buyers are opting to keep trailers to avoid the heavy fees to build. I know of several lots with cabins that are for sale but they are going for $100k plus. Check out the website: sunridge.info. One other thing that irritates me... take a look at the newsletter (The RidgeRunner) & you'll notice that all the board members are nothing but ornery old men that gripe and complain about how 80% of the work gets done by 20% of the people. Blah, blah, blah... there's definitely the mentality of everyone wants it to be perfect & pristine but someone else can do the maintenance. Plus, there are so many covenants and restricitons (and new ones being made each year) and enforcement of these rules is nonexistant so what do you expect!?!

We ended up getting a lot in sourdough. We'll see how it goes but it will be nice to have a place to leave the trailer and just be able to run up for an evening or a few days. Hoping to get a lot more use out of the trailer other than towing it to fishlake a couple times a year for the hunts. Which we will still do. Not really counting on it for my main hunting source but it'll be nice to have somewhere to go around here.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom