500 Bull

B

Bobbby

32.jpg

These are sheds from Arizona, they unoficially gross score 504. Pictures don't do them much justice, I saw them in person and the first three tines on both sides are around 3 feet.

Any info on who the owner is and if it is a reservation bull? By the way those sheds are huge.

dang, that's a big bull. like as big as any ever. any particulars on it? who owns em?

I'm not sure if these were found on a game ranch, or on a reservation? Stuart Valentine owns them, he's one of the nations best taxidermists, he's located in Pueblo, Colorado. He also just mounted another set of shed from Alberta Canada that score around 490, the mass on the Canadian bull is even more impressive.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-04 AT 12:05PM (MST)[p]How do you score a shed? I guess you would have to "guess" on the width, huh?

Great looking rack.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

When something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Too bad. I'm with you RLH.

I'd almost bet money that those sheds came from New Zeland. I hunted with a guy in NM that had a game farm in NZ and he was talking all about this elk and had pictures of it. He actually had a booth that the ISE show that was held in Phx 2 years ago. He had one antler off this bull there too. I'd recongnize that cheater off the 4th point any day! If I think of the game farm or the guys operation I'll post it here. The guy's name is Marshall but I can't think of his last name. I'm pretty sure he lives in the Phx area.

Josh

I'm not sure about how to properly score a shed. I do know that he mounts them on a steel mount that probably comes within a inch or less of the actual skull.

Oh ya I forgot to comment on how to measure sheds. You measure sheds exactly the same as any other antlers attached to the skull but of course there is no spread credit. I am a measurer for the North American Shed Hunters Club www.shedantlers.org. If anyone has some great sheds they'd like recognized go to the site and look up a measurer for your area.

Josh Epperson

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom