50th bday hunt

605SDhunter

Im starting to plan a 50th bday hunt in two years. Any ideas? Ive killed good bulls with bow and rifle, but not a 350 plus. I have numerous 170 plus whitetail and muley, but not that 200 inch. Outfitters, fellow hunters, anyone have an idea so i can start that plan and get a deposit down? Big horn, Moose, etc? Wyoming is out as I do not want loose my preference for a unit im working towards.

What’s the budget? The more you’re able to spend the higher your odds get at being successful at true trophy class animals in a tight timeframe like this. Sounds like you may need to look towards Canada for deer and those other species and also Alaska for moose or sheep.

For my 40th birthday I hunted Sitka black tails.. For my 50th I hunted coues deer in southern Arizona that was twenty-five years ago and I still have fond memories of that coues hunt as well as the black tail hunt..but if you have the funds a sheep hunt would be a blast too..good luck to ya

Not big game but when I turned 50 I had my brother run me up in his boat to the bird hunting grounds of our youth in Hells Canyon and see if I could still hammer out some vert and not die. My dad, brother and I spent a shh-ton of time jet boating up there chasing birds - hardly a spot we haven't hunted back in the day. Hell...that's been 8 years ago...might have to try again at 60!

Not big game but when I turned 50 I had my brother run me up in his boat to the bird hunting grounds of our youth in Hells Canyon and see if I could still hammer out some vert and not die. My dad, brother and I spent a shh-ton of time jet boating up there chasing birds - hardly a spot we haven't hunted back in the day. Hell...that's been 8 years ago...might have to try again at 60!
Great video. Thanks for sharing.

I did an Alaska moose hunt for my 50th birthday self guided with 3 buddies. We killed 3 bulls in 9 days, floated 120 miles of river. Still to this day it was my greatest adventure ever. At 60 I killed a desert bighorn. 70 is coming fast so trying to stay healthy and try to plan something big. Do it while you have your health.

A Place With No Roads Has Gotta Be Worth Something!

What Kind Of Fish Are In The River?

I just turned 67 on the 6th. On My 50th I had My first Arizona Antelope hunt west of Flagstaff. Killed my first Lope. 2 months later my biggest Muley kill in New Mexico. Both scores have since been beaten. Cashing in 14 Elk points nest year in Wyoming. Had a Great Elk tag a year ago in Arizona. My home of AZ. has been generous to me with great tags over the years .Enjoy it while You can still get around. Happy Hunting all!..........................BULL!

When I was 50 a guy could reasonably buy about any kind of hunt he wanted. Now, 24 years later, lots of hunts that were available when I was 50 are now almost impossible, or out of financial reach.
I'd look at buying a tag for something you REALLY want to hunt, but if trends continue, that tag may not be available or in reach when you turn 60. Not sure what that is for you, but that's how I would approach it.
Best of luck whatever you decide.

When I was 50 a guy could reasonably buy about any kind of hunt he wanted. Now, 24 years later, lots of hunts that were available when I was 50 are now almost impossible, or out of financial reach.
I'd look at buying a tag for something you REALLY want to hunt, but if trends continue, that tag may not be available or in reach when you turn 60. Not sure what that is for you, but that's how I would approach it.
Best of luck whatever you decide.
Crazy how it has turned in to a Rich mans Game. But some will pay it. Sucks for us that can't afford it!..............................BULL!

Hells canyon. Smallmouth, steelhead, cutthroat, bull trout,rainbows, sturgeon, catfish, salmon.

The word on the street is get a tag pay a pilot and you can get the trophy of your dreams. But the sheep tag would be cool. Adudad sheep would also be cool

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom