54 november deer

carterj16

just found out my cousin and his 12 yr old son drew the nov buck hunt in 54. cant wait for that hunt.looking forward to the 12 yr old getting a good buck for his 1st deer, hope he can hit one.

This is a sweet hunt. I killed a 190 buck two years ago here and missed a 205 typical last year. I had the super tag the past two years. Hope for snow and it will be the best.

Good Luck.

My middle son drew some great tags his first two years. I find now looking back at the mediocre critters that filled those tags by our normal standards that 12 year olds really enjoy the process more than the result and any critter makes them happy. I'm not saying don't find him a monster, but it isn't necessary. Have a great hunt. I have not hunted that unit but have heard amazing things.

My son and I are the ones who drew the tag mentioned above. Any information you would be willing to share about the hunt and unit, would be greatly appreciated.

I have not hunted that unit, but in general late rut hunts are not something you really scout for. Get to know the area and try and talk to some guys who have been there when you will and they may tell you where the does congregate, because typically that's where the bucks will head.

Remember, your son will remember the hunt more than the kill.

>I have not hunted that unit,
>but in general late rut
>hunts are not something you
>really scout for. Get
>to know the area and
>try and talk to some
>guys who have been there
>when you will and they
>may tell you where the
>does congregate, because typically that's
>where the bucks will head.
>
>
>Remember, your son will remember the
>hunt more than the kill.
>

Yep, that is about spot on... Anywhere in that Unit could end up being really good on a given day. The rut will turn up many bucks that scouting very hard never would. I'd suggest putting in lots of time, look over several areas and shoot what makes you happy!

Best of luck, hunting in 54 is a great time!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom