57/58 elk anyone?

I'm looking at hunting elk here this fall 1st rifle. Does anyone have any experience here? Or even better pictures?

Questions I have-
How accessible are the elk as there is considerable private lands?

Are there outfitters here I should consider? (rmohunts.com)

And I would have a bull tag, so are there mostly spikes/raghorns or are there some nice bulls?

Thanks for your help!

I have wondered the same thing..my father in law lives down there and was asking me about those units... never been there.

he just got his hunter ed card and is looking to go elk hunting this year, so I told him i would help..I'll let you know if we go scout it soon..

aaron

Hey Pike, I sent you a pm a few days ago about 57, did you get it? All I can say is I'm not impressed with 57 and I spend alot of time there in the summer at my property.

Hard area to hunt. Lot of hunters on a limited amounts of suitable habitat on public land. If you can get access to some of the bigger ranches in 58 you will have a decent chance at a good bull. Most of these ranches are leased though. Some of the biggest mulies in the state come off of these ranches. Good luck.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom