58 Yards Out ... You Shootin'?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
It's opening day of the archery hunt. You've seen two better bucks scouting, but this one feeds out at 58 yards. You've got 6 more days to hunt. You've got 20 seconds to send an arrow before he's gone forever. You shooting? Can you get a shot off? How big is he?

[facebook]facebook.com/monstermuleys/videos/639723656501100[/facebook]

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Im not an archer, but i think 60 yds is a reasonable range if you ve practiced it. Kind of a narrow window with him being down opposite slope a little...

How big were 2 others spotted before season start? This is a NICE buck. I would try to kill him. He seems oblivious and calm, dont know how many opportunities this good will come up afterward.

Great buck, I'm guessing at least mid to high 70s. 58 yards is completely doable with him being unaware. Send it.

No-Brainer for me. YES!!!!!!!

Plenty of time to range, compensate for down hill and loose and arrow.

Zeke

#livelikezac

LAST EDITED ON May-23-19 AT 06:49PM (MST)[p]>
>Why is every deer gone forever
>after 16-22 seconds?

JUDAS booty!

That's the Average Time Frame you see them now Days before somebody else puts their 120 Yard Pin on Him & Flings one!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Wang and he is down.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

That buck is a stud!! I'm taking the shot. By the end of this summe anyhow. Been practicing out to 80. Shooting at 60 max. Ideally 40ish.

great 4's might get him dead if I found him. It would depend on if I had seen the other bigger bucks or had intel on them.

1. Bigger than anything I have killed yet
2. Broadside, not looking at me draw
3. 58 yards is a reasonable range
4. Nothing in between us to deflect the arrow

...I'm shooting. I don't need the other 12 seconds...:)

The deer is more than 'good enough' for me on an archery hunt.
HOWEVER, I would not shoot at that distance, because I'm not a good shot. I'm GOOD at 'sneaky', so I'd try to cut the distance in half.

Within the shadows, move softly.

Thats a tough one, but If I had seen 2 x other bigger bucks, I would most likely wait.

However, eating tag soup after that kind of opportunity, could lead to some serious deer Psychosis for the rest of my life!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom