5BS Rifle

264X300

Have hunted 5A a couple times, but this will be my first venture into 5BS. Have the topo maps, Coconino Forest map and done the Google Earth thing already. Only 275 tags so it should not be too crowded (exept the roads I hope).

I use a quad, but only to get to a drop off point, the rest is wearing off my boot soles. I have seen a few pic's of bulls taken in 5BN, but nothing from 5BS yet. Anyone have any pic's of 5BS bulls or cows?

Plan on several scouting trips this summer, just to get a lay of the land. May take a few trips between mid October and mid November to try and locate herds. Anyone have any general information such as lots of elk, some elk, average bulls, great bulls etc.?

Stoked to get the tag and have not come down yet.
264X300

I have hunted 5b south twice and i have come away with two bulls. I have found that the bulls out number the cow population, but all my experiences have been archery. I have also seen alot of great bulls in that unit...good luck hunting!

I have hunted this unit for 20yrs now. I also have the Late Bull hunt. I had this tag 4yrs ago and shot a 4x4 on opening morning. Then the snow came in on Monday and it was just hard to find the elk after that. The Game and Fish has a good discription of the unit and where to hunt. As far as scouting I am not going to do any I know where they will be. Besides there will be 3 or 4 other hunts in our unit before we get in there so the elk will not be in the same area when our hunt starts up due to pressure from the previous hunt in my opinion. Mike

Thanks Mike.

Good luck when you get there. If you see a RT Starcraft tent trailer while you're up there stop by. Of course it will be dark cause I will not be in camp during daylight hours.

Are you hunting by yourself? I will be with my Dad. We both have tags. We will probably be camped not to far off FH3 and ride our quads back in to our spots. I will be driveing a Red F-150 4x4 if you see us flag me down and we can chat a little. Mike

hunt east, and north of hutch mountain. Their are some good bulls by Hutch.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom