6?7 breaks his neck jumping a fence

Yes it's been on here before. Not sure what year the video was taken. Maybe someone can find a date for it. But it's always ok to see it again.

Wow! I hadn't seen that either. I've seen antelope smack fences that I thought for sure would break there necks and they just jumped up shake it off and keep on running. Of corse they don't way 800-1000 lbs.

800-1000 lbs?

lmfao!

Where have you been hunting 1000 lb elk?

37205hornkiller.jpg

>800-1000 lbs?
>
>lmfao!
>
>Where have you been hunting 1000
>lb elk?
>
>
>
37205hornkiller.jpg

Yea you got me! I've never actually weighed an elk full body I just know there big ?1000 lbs probably high. ?

Thanks for sharing the video. I've never seen it. Crazy stuff!!
Years ago I picked up a postcard in the Yellowstone area that had a picture of a nice bull and 3-4 cows. On the back of the postcard it said something like, "Many elk live in the Yellowstone area. Cow elk weigh 300-600 Lbs. Large bull elk can weigh between 600 and 1079 Lbs." I laughed outloud that the postcard declared that the top end weight for a bull was 1079 Lbs. I always wondered how they came up with that precise number.
I have no idea how much a big bull can actually weigh, but I would like to find out how hard it is to pack one out of the hills with my tag on it!
A post card may not be a reliable source :). Maybe one of the lurking wildlife biologists will chime in and set us straight.
Soup

The Further You Pack the Pieces the Heavier they get!:D

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

awesome that it was caught on video.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I seen a bull do that same thing once. It took some time for him to get to his feet. I thought he was done for.

I watched a buck antelope do the same thing in 2016, he payed there kicking for a few minutes then got back on his feet...

I thought he was a goner...

>Cool Video.
>
>His neck doesn't look broke with
>all that kicking going on.
>

Im betting he suffocated. thats alot of weight sitting in a way its not supposed to.

Jake H.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

I, too once saw a buck deer trip on the top wire, and tumble into tall sagebrush in a cloud of dust and brush. I thought for sure he had died, as everything was still afterward. I then caught movement at the edge of the brush- it was the buck low-crawling out of the brush! He finally stood up, shook a bit, then bounded off! :)

> I laughed outloud
>that the postcard declared that
>the top end weight for
>a bull was 1079 Lbs.
>

I'm guessing the people doing the original weighing were scientists, who use the metric system. 1079lbs is 490kg, and I bet they rounded that to the nearest 10 for the biggest elk they weighed. Some inference, a hypothesis, a little data, a conversion factor of 2.202...

>Ever shot an animal in the
>neck, back or high shoulder?
>They kick like mad.

If you shot one of those spots and they kicked like mad then you didn't break the spine. Anything I have shot in the neck has dropped dead in its tracks and didn't twitch at all, and anything I hit in the back couldn't move its back end at all, they had full movement of the front half but not the back half.

That bull didn't break his neck. He just couldn't breath.

Jake H.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom