6 Days and counting

B

Bura Nut

O.K. I dont want to lose my "MO-JO", but I cant wait. I leave this next friday for my "Jack O'Connor" Sonora, Mexico Coues hunt. I read Jack's stuff for years, and I finally am going down to fulfill a life long dream. hopefully I drive back with a Monster Coues buck in the back of my truck. I hope everyone else with Dec. AZ tags kills the buck of their dreams.... Allen Taylor......

>O.K. I dont want to
>lose my "MO-JO", but I
>cant wait. I leave
>this next friday for my
>"Jack O'Connor" Sonora, Mexico Coues
>hunt. I read Jack's
>stuff for years, and I
>finally am going down to
>fulfill a life long dream.
>hopefully I drive back with
>a Monster Coues buck in
>the back of my truck.
> I hope everyone else
>with Dec. AZ tags kills
>the buck of their dreams....
> Allen Taylor......

Good luck Allen! I read Jack O Conner as a young man and I know the feeling you must have get a good one !

BILL

I have no doubt in my mind that you'll score. Just remember take a deep breath and SQUEEEEEZE! he! he!

Easy there big boy. Patience, patience... Here's a little poem I wrote several years ago. Maybe this will help you kill some time until THE time.

TO GLASS A COUES
Scott Adams

I rise up early with dawn a long ways off;
And few know why and some would scoff,

Because it's always dark and usually cold;
And I have to make myself do it if the truth were told.

I lace up my boots, gather by binoculars and gear;
All for a possible glimpse of a Coues whitetail deer.

As I stagger out the door and head for the truck;
I wonder if it's worth it, to see a big Coues buck.

I try to dismiss these negatives from my head;
But think deep down I should still be in bed,

But the lure of watching these dainty little deer;
Draws me into a night, dark, cold and clear.

I drive through the dark ebony of night,
Finally reaching my destination and starting my hike.

By the glow of a flashlight I start my hike up,
But soon my legs are screaming to give up.

But to quit now would make my trip pointless. I will not stop!
I'll just push a little harder until I reach the top.

As the peak of the mountain starts to draw near;
The light of a new dawn begins to appear.

Finally, I reach the top and shed my pack,
And the first rays of sunlight spread its warmth upon my back.

And there's a pesky little gnat buzzing in my ear;
Oh but it's so, so sweet to be sittin? up here.

While I scan the canyon spread out at my feet;
I feel like a king on a jewel-studded seat

While glassing the basin for the buck below,
I wonder what my 15x60 Zeiss will show.

Soon some movement catches my eye,
And my attention focuses on a rack, wide and high.

My adrenaline rushes at maximum warp speed,
Because this is one magnificent Coues buck indeed.

I've seen some good bucks, that's for sure;
But for Coues buck fever, there is no cure.

GOOD LUCK...HOPE U CAN FILL UP YOUR DREAM...:)

ME TOO...STILL WAITING FOR MY ORYX HUNTING ..SATURDAY 28TH.....BIG ORYX IN THE BACK OF MY TRUCK DRIVING HOME....

VINIHUNT

Bura,

I think you left your mojo up in unit 23 last year with your knife. You're 0-2 in coues hunting in your career. I think Shaq has a better free throw shooing percentage then that! hehe

Did you take your rifle to the gun smith and have him laser the streightness of your barrel? I hope so, all these misses are just kicking up a bunch of dust all over the state and oyu shuold be deemed for wind advisory. hehe

I wish you luck on your trip!

SCott G.

Thanks Crazy, Sniper, Vini & Bullseye. I will not even come back if I dont shoot one. For you PW, I am going to spike your Christmas dinner tomorrow night. Your jealousy is on full beam, I am taking back the new STS spotter and all the other stuff santa was bringing you. I think the saying goes "you better watch out, you better not cry you better not mess with someones MO-JO I'm telling you why cause I'm gonna post a coues picture to make TatoHead cry.......LOL....Allen......

Bura...for your sake (and your wife's) I truely hope you make me jealous.

Oh BTW...I heard Santa's not bringing your mojo for you for X-mas. He's giving it to Tommy Boy for his hunt in January!

Scott G.

The last thing I need is Allen's "MOJO" lol. I'd rather have a lump of coal he he :).

PW When I go scout my areas after the bow hunt, I better not find all the bucks with arrows sticking out of there hind quarters. bwahahahaah

Seriously guys GOOD LUCK ON ALL YOUR HUNTS.

HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY HOLIDAY :)

Later

Crazy- I'll try to refrain from LAUNCHING arrows like Bura does. He's even worse with his bow. His waLl has more holes then the deer target does. The ones IN the deer are mine...hehe

Besides, his mojo isn't ALL "that"! So, you're better off...his MOJO missed BIG BUCKS! heehee

I do wish him luck, if not then he'll be stuck in Mexico and I'd have to go retreive him. And I don't have the money to put him thru the counseling he'll need if he chokes again. LOL

Scott G....Merry X-mas!

AZ402: I cant hardly wait, I think the weather and everything else hopefully will be perfect. I am hoping to get video of some bucks rutting. I am just going to ignore PW till I get back with my Bruiser. I am going to keep the nut sack for him to use as a hunting cap........ Allen Taylor......

Goodie...I can't wait to get my prize. But I won't hold my breath! hehe

Scott G.

Bura,
Good luck on your hunt,You will do well I'm sure,Bring back some pics of that wallhanger for the rest of us to see.

smiley-faces-toast-beers.gif

Tagline

Allen, I think that if you don't hunt where two old men walking with sticks are, you should do great. Seriously though, I will pray that you get a monster and fulfill your life dream. Best of luck to you and be careful. nate

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom