6 DEER POINTS TO BURN

YukonDall

Long Time Member
THINKING OF TRYING EITHER X2 OR X3A FOR DEER. NEVER HUNTED THAT NORCAL AREA BUT WOULD LIKE TO GIVE IT A SHOT. I AM NOT HEARING GREAT THINGS ABOUT X5B, ANY ONE GOT DIRECTION/INFO/EXPERIENCE THEY MIGHT WANT TO SHARE ON THE DEER PICTURE. THANK YOU, & PM ME IF YOU LIKE........HOPE YOU DRAW.......YD.

YD, X5B is shot out IMO so I think you're on the right track. Both X3A and X3B have good success rates. IMO 3A has more deer but a pig can come outta 3B at any time. If you're not willing/able to pack in I'd stay with 3A. Haven't been in either X1 or X2 in 20+ years.

Hard to get excited about Kali deer.

YD, sure i can pm you if you like,,,, my info will be possibly old also i've been in X-1 and the C's for awhile now as X-2 has gotten so hard to draw,,,,,,, after 91 or 92 the numbers dropped like a rock i agree X-3b would be a good bet also , maybe even better,,, but X-3b has more tags issued and you shouldnt need 6 points to draw it we used to hunt both zones a lot they both had tons of animals ,,,,,, but that was before the bad winter die off,,,,, with some weather X-2 used to get the interstate herd moving in from oregon ,,,,,,,, let me know if you would like some more info and i'll shoot you a pm if it was me i'd look at the amount of points needed to draw dont think i'd burn 6 on 3b i'd do X-2 if it was me ,,,,, but that could just be me wanting to go back :)

WELL JAZZ.....I HAVE NEVER HUNTED IT, EXCEPT FOR GOOSE LAKE GEESE....AND THAT WAS A BLAST. MODOC HAS ALWAYS KICKED OUT SOME NICE DEER IN THE PAST.....ARE NUMBERS DOWN/UP, IT HOLDS ROCKY MT. MULE DEER I BELIEVE, GOOD ACCESS I HOPE,TERRAIN TYPE, IS IT WORTH 6 POINTS IN YOUR MIND, WOULD BE APPRECIATED .....THANKS FOR YOUR TIME..........YD.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom