6 pts going into 2015 Wyoming Antelope

340Wby

I have 6 NR points going into the 2015 draw and am looking for some advice from folks who have much more experience in Wyoming than I do. Because I don't have enough points for 60 or 61 I am looking hard at 64 (don't know if 6 points gives me a chance or not) but beyond unit 64 what are some other areas that are predominately public land that provide (in your opinion) a reasonable chance at something in the high 70's with 6 NR points?

Thanks,

>My bad, Looked at deer.

I wondered what you were looking at as soon as I went into the odds for the 3 units he mentioned!

My suggestion for 340 is to go straight north of the units you mentioned quite a ways and take a good look at unit 75. You should draw that easily with your 6PPs in the Regular Draw and if you have 4 or 5 days to hunt hard in that unit you should be able to find some bucks that should hit the high 70s or break 80". It's almost all BLM so there is no access problem whatsoever either.

You may want to broaden your search and not just look for 6pt units. Just because a tag takes 6pts, doesn't mean its better than say a 4 point area.

I would still look at 67. We had a good time out there last year. Lots of antelope (I thought) you just need to pick through the smaller ones.

>I would still look at 67.
>We had a good time
>out there last year. Lots
>of antelope (I thought) you
>just need to pick through
>the smaller ones.

The only way he could draw 67 for sure would be to apply in the higher priced Special Draw, as 6PPs was only a 56.52% chance of drawing in the Regular Draw last year and it probably will be worse this year. The reason I suggested 75 is it's a very good unit adjoining 67 and he would have a little bit of a buffer zone to draw it for sure in the Regular Draw with his 6PPs.

I wouldn't blow points right now on lesser units.

I would go for the gold on your first choice, hope to catch a random tag, and put in a viable second choice. If that falls through pick up a leftover tag, fill it quick, then scout some areas you're considering.

I hear good things happen on second choice tags and left-overs:

IMG_3125.JPG

IMG_3989.JPG

IMG_4498.JPG

IMG_4536.JPG

IMG_0800.JPG

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0194.jpg

102914105032.jpg

Those "leftover" bucks are pretty damn good buzz!
They actually would "fill the bill" nicely in even a premium unit.
Nice stuff.
Zeke

Buzz,

Thanks so much for showing us once again you are the best hunter in the world. You are simply amazing.

Rich

Thanks for the conversation and advice folks, I really appreciate it. Buzz those are some nice Antelope! I am so glad that I have until May to figure out what I want to do. Keep the comments coming! Thanks again

340 Wby

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom