61 2nd deer rifle...yikes

Dorsey

Spent some time scouting up high. The early reports are right, not many deer around, and I'm not sure if I can blame the fire. It's just so dry everywhere.

I'm looking for an older deer, thinking of getting deep into the canyons where there's water, or maybe next to private?

I hate sitting water. I'd rather hike all day and glass, but I'm not sure there will be much to see if I don't stick close to water sources. This tag isn't one of the state's best, but it's good enough that I don't want to waste it.

No game plan. So frustrating!

I feel your pain. That is a crappy hand to have to play out. But,hunting beats working no matter the conditions. Good luck to you Dorsey.

That's not good news. I have a third season deer tag in 61. I've also been curious about how the fire is going to affect the hunt this year. Let me know how you did and where your finding the deer please. PM me if you'd like. Thanks. Hopefully you get a big one. Good luck to you!

I can count on one finger the decent bucks I have seen in 61 the last 5 years. I don't know where to tell you to look.

Beaman

If you don't mind me asking, What area did you see that one descent buck? Sounds like you know the unit well possibly. If you had the tag where would you start 3rd season?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom