61 elk trip

r7mm08

I just got back from my hunting trip in 61, it was great, got a 337 bull and what a hunt. There where a least 25 bulls bugling around me on the 23th and I saw 13 bulls in sight of 60yds. I never moved more than a few yds, once I got up on the mt. I saw things that I never saw before , they didn,t even care when the wind was blowing in there direction. It was like I didn,t have any scent and was invisable, they just didnt care. this all happened from 5am till I left the mt. at 4pm. I shot my bull at 11am at 20 yds or less. while I qt. my bull and hanging the meat in a tree they kept on bulging and just carring on. I saw 2 cows all day? The next day I came up to pack out meat I heard 4 elk all day. What a hunt I will send pic when I fugure out how.
Thanks to everyone
Ron

Ron, Thank you for the hunt report. Glad you had a good hunt, sounds like you hit the rut just right. Congratulations on taking a great bull! Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Congrats. I have a 2nd season tag and cannot wait for the season to start. Can't wait to see the pics!!

sounds like the stars was aligned for you all the way.
Waiting to see that bull and pictures.
Congrats on a great hunt.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Congratulations on your hunt. I can't wait to get down there myself. My daughter has a first season tag and my brother has a second season tag. Would love to see pictures of your bull.

awesome!!!!! Did you see many deer in the area you were in? At what elevation did you hunt?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom