63-2 Antelope

bpnclark

My friend and I drew the tag! Hoping to find some info about camping in the area. Looks like there's no campgrounds around Mud Lake but is it okay to camp there? Has anyone hunted there before.

Thanks ? Ryan Clark

Which tag did you draw? I got the 63-2a (hunt 4040) early hunt. This will be my 1st time to hunt this area so not much help yet but if I end up going before you do I'll give ya a status report. I'm just starting to do my research & need to get my new Knight Disc Extreme setup & dialed in. I think this will be a great hunt & success rate was about 50% last yr. :D

That's the tag we drew. Maybe we'll meet up in the area. I'll send you my info in a PM.

But I'm not too sure about your mz setup. I thought we had to use cap or flintlock mz? My buddy and I are planning on sharing my High Plains Sporter...... We would love to use our Omegas instead, but I think the rules say you cant.... We're working on Maxi-Ball loads now.....

I got a western edition conversion kit for my muzzy. The kit modifies the gun to meet WA, ID & OR regs. The cap is exposed & I can use #11 caps. Gonna order some lead conicals tomorrow so I s/b good to go. I am not sure if there is a conversion kit for omegas. Our hunt will be here before we know it. I'll send a friend req on FB. :D

Here's the ID link for muzzy info.
http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/hunt/rules/?getPage=299

I have had that tag 3 of the last 4 years and had some fun times. We camped on the North side of Mud Lake 1 year but live close enough we usually drove back and forth. There are some good bucks to be found and most of the farmers will give permission to hunt their fields.
46cfa7275632b29c.jpg

I've had the tag a few times. There isn't very many places to camp in the unit you are probably better off staying across the highway in units 58, 59, or 59a. The whole unit is as flat as a pancake and ankle high sage brush so there is no shade.

Ryan, I sent the e-mails to the one listed here on MM which is @att.blackberry.net or something like that. I forwarded the emails to your current @sbcglobal.net email address. Thanks, and good luck. Hope you have a great hunt!

Yes I got them with the sbc address. I sent you a reply with the last email you sent. Thanks again for all your help!!! We?re working on some maxiball loads now. Cabelas and Midway are out of the TC Northwest Explorer. Hopefully we can find one soon!

Thanks again - Ryan

Hey Ryan, I saw your email briefly on my iPhone and then it disappeared. I got on my computer and searched all of my email folders, but could not find it. Would you mind sending the email again? Thanks in advance, Eric

Ryan, I sent you a couple more emails. Sorry for the slow response. I'll let you know what I find out scouting. Have a great weekend! Eric

Just curious if any of you guys have been hunting this unit yet. I have a late tag and just have to wait. I have hunted the unit a few times early and late. I was hoping to see some pics of some that have been shot from there. Fill free to pm me if that works better for you.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom