64 type 2 elk?

copple2

Howdy All,

I have the points to draw this elk tag and noticed a couple others here may have hunted it before. There looks to be a mix of public and private land. The November hunt dates are appealing to me and I'm wondering if access is an issue during this later hunt? I'd be looking for a 330 type bull.

Also, if I draw the type 2 tag, can I go hunt early here with my bow after buying the archery permit?

Any thoughts or opinions would be welcome!

copple2

Yes you can Hunt it with a Bow.
There is plenty of public access with pretty good Hunting but the better hunting and a better chance at a 330 Bull will come from the private. When the shooting starts a lot of the Elk move onto the private land with less pressure.

oilcan,

thanks for the reply! Do you know if most of the private stuff is locked up by outfitters? I'm wondering if there are any trespass fee opportunities.

copple2

I've hunted this unit a few times. Most of the time the bowhunting is real good. The LU Ranch lets people on through the Hunter Management thing. Prospect Creek charges quite a bit for trespass fee. I've always hunted the Forest Circus land.

961dsc01125.jpg

Shot this one on opening day in 64

Wyohunter1, that's a stud bull! What'd he score? Congrats on a nice bull and thanks for your input here.

copple2

I drew this tag and can't wait to get up there.

If anyone has any other first hand experience (archery or rifle) or fun pictures they want to share, I sure wouldn't tell you no!

Fall can't come soon emough.

copple2

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom