68" x 67 1/2 x 17"!!!Worlds Record Marco Polo!

HunterHarry

Long Time Member
I just saw a photo of the new worlds record Marco Polo sheep!!
What an INCREDIBLE TROPHY!!I saw it in the new "Sports Afield" magazine and was blown away by the size and beauty of this animal!
It was taken early this year by famous international hunter "Soudi" Golabchi who has an obsession with those giant rams.
I have seen "Soudi" cruising the big shows over the years along with the other "Players" in the "Big Leagues" it is kind of humbling.
Does anyone have a photo of that ram they can post?

Harry, Do you have a scanner, if so, just scan the picture from the magazine and then have it posted that way.

Brian

HH,

Seems there are more than one world record. :) I just did a search on it and this is not the ram you are talking about but it does show what you are saying. BIG!!! 67 3/8 X 16 1/2! Man I would love to go there and hunt them critters!

marcopololarge.jpg

Here's the details.
http://www.safaripress.com/shop/marcopolo.html

TRULY ONE OF THE WORLD'S GREATEST TROPHIES!
The record I refered to is the new SCI record, I don't know about Rowland Ward.
I went back through my "Wild Sheep" magazines and realized that "Soudi"Golabchi held the previous world record Marco Polo as well, he truly has an obsession for these rams!
He has a detailed story in one of the Wild Sheep mags and it really details the incredible difficulty in pursuing a monster Marco Polo, not to mention the costs!
I will try to get that pic up soon!
Thanks NVB for postin the pic!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-03 AT 10:32PM (MST)[p]The pic you see in the above post was a March 2001 ram taken by Igor Bakay of the Ukraine. He wrote a hunt report to OVIS magazine:
http://www.wildsheep.org/magazines/preview_2001_summer.htm

Soudy's ram is recent. Those of you that get WILD SHEEP magazine by FNAWS can see a great photo on the inside front cover. A monster ram indeed. I am under the impression it was taken a little too late to make OVIS this time around. However, I do hope to see it in the next issue.

Here is an article about Soudy:
http://www.wildsheep.org/conservation/ovis_award_2003.htm

I manage the web site www.wildsheep.org . Those of you interested in world-wide sheep hunting should visit the site and browse around.

Awesome creature! Thats my dream hunt. Up where the air is really thin and the quads are all on the other side of the planet.

I saw the new Sports Afield today and did get a look at that ram in there. Awesome animal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hard to tell these rams apart. All three of them are huge. You can have the mid or high altais and give me one of these Marco Polo's on the roof of the world. I wish they had them here in Colorado.

Beautiful animals, I'm sure we all wish we could hunt them.
Actually, you probably can. Just head south to Texas and "hunt" one behind a high fence. I think they've got about anything you want down there if you don't mind paying for it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom