6a Jr. Hunt!

J

JohnTaro12

Taking a couple little cousins out for the 6a jr. hunt! Don't expect it to be a hard hunt but can't make a decision. Trying to make it as easy as possible on them one has never hunted and one has never hunted elk. Trying to decide if I should stick around clints wells or head over to mormon lake! Let me know what ya think!

I'll be up there as well for my son's and nephew's hunt.

You can't go hunting anywhere in between Clint's Well and Mormon Lake. I would suggest not hunting in the popular spots, i.e Buck Mtn., Apache Maid, Stoneman Lake & Mormon Lake areas. The elk are pretty spread out now after the archery and ML hunts. Get up early the first morning and start chasing bugles! After the first morning/day they will go quiet after all the shooting.

wasn't too good a hunt but got one down finally sunday morning! It was a young cow we thought till we went to gut it and found a penis! not sure if the tornado had them messed up or what but they didn't seem to be moving at all! processor at clints wells said they only got in 21 elk, didn't see too many people with elk down at all. We were out every morning at 430 and didn't hear one bugle the whole weekend so i don't know what was up!

We were up scouting for our hunt in 2 weeks and heard alot of the same from all the hunters we talked to, we only saw 4 bulls and 1 cow, unreal, I was in there last year with my son and we saw 100 plus cow every day, don't know if the weather was the deal or not, headed back up friday for a week of scouting before the hunt, hope it gets better Andy

was up scouting in 5BN did not see that many elk but we stay in 6AN saw about 10 cows taken... no bugles. i was a litle disa ppointed to see all the people road hunting. when we went out to see if elk were hanging out where they have been all year they were there....but you had to walk 1/4 to 1/2 mile off road. talked to some hunters and some did not want any help as they were seeing them and just not able to get set up fast enough and some were so arrogent that we did not offer.. most of those guys were still driving the roads when we left Sunday.

We filled 1 of 2 tags! Shot opening morning at 715am. I bugled and a Big Bull Bugled back. We went after him and found 15-20 cows. My son offered my daughter to shoot first since she wasn't feeling well. Shot her cow at 90 yrds. After that day, no bugles and the cows were on a dead run! We ran into them every time we went into the field but they were real "Spooky"! I agree that it was a little bit different than last year! Saw about 8 Bulls and about 45 cows over 3 1/2 days!

I hate to say it and i don't agree with it but we were road hunting which i am sure is why we didn't have much luck! but i have bronchitis right now and been coughing blood so when we did try walking i was coughing so loud nothing was going to hang around! other wise i would of had my sister out there walking her butt off! it was just a little bit of a bad situation! i did get her outta the truck for a bit opening night. we walked down a canyon just a bit and cow called and about 10 minutes later we had 5 spikes sitting on the ridge across from us. not sure if the group of spikes were coming to the calls or just passing thru but they hung out for maybe 45 mins before moving on when i started hacking a lung!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom