7 day wilderness hunt gear

F

fishinghunter14

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-12 AT 09:20PM (MST)[p]well goin on a 7 day backpack in wilderness hunt, me and a buddy have elk and bear tags and nother friend is jus comin in with us to help out. we are backpacking in about 3 miles and setting camp. we are going as light weight as possible me and my hunting buddy bringing our gear my other buddy is packin all his own. so here is what i got and im looking for opinions and some things i may be forgetting. i have an ascend hiker 2 2 man tent, ledge featherlite 0 degree mummy bag, wise company dehydrated meals, optimus crux weekend he stove kit, 4 cans of fuel for the stove, MSR sweetwater purifier, all my camo, bow and hiking pack. packing as much scent killer as possible between the 3 of us, plus our rain gear. the other smaller stuff a kelty backpack lantern, radios (used jus to keep in touch in case we decide to hunt seperate areas), collapsible water jugs (there is a spring by where we are camping), will most likely get a tarp to hang stuff with in trees and another to put down for a dry area or a roof for where we cook, and a shovel to bury our ya know. is there things you guys may think of that i may be missing and possible some reviews of some of the products. thanks guys n gals

$MAVERICK$

fishinghunter: We always pack enough of the Hunter Specialities or equivilant Scent Elimination "field bath cloths" for bathing.
To do a good job we usually use 3 cloths per bath per person. You can calculate it out and know how many to pack for your group. Those bath cloths work great and don't weigh much. They are a salvation after a couple days hunting or your full of game blood and you need to clean up. That way we don't get that game blood smell in our sleeping bags as well as carry it all over the mountains :) Plus saves on a bunch of water> We purshase everything one line at Cabela's and have it shipped.

Good Hunt'n

))))------->

Thanks trophyhunter i wouldnt of even thought about that til i was up there smellin to high heavens haha i will make sure to get some ordered. And i do have a sleeping pad cant remember off the top of my head what brand it is but it rolls out an kinda airs up naturally. Iv had that since i was bout 10 for boy scouts haha thanks guys

$MAVERICK$

One addtional item that IS A MUST if your hunting in any type of cold weather is an "insulated sleeve pouch" to put your freeze dried food in while it is soaking in the hot water timing out until ready to eat. These sleeves are silver/insulated and don't weigh anything and they sure help a bunch in letting you have a nice hot meal. Each pouch only holds one meal. We picked ours up at REI try and find some...

Don't know how many hunts like this you have been on but we found that purchasing the "meals for 2 packs" and using them as "1 meal for each person" gave us just the right amount of food after a long days hunt. FYI

Good hunt'n and PM me know how you guys do.

))))------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom