7 point burn!

PaleHorse

I took 7 years of trying but I finally have my non resident antelope tag! Now all I need is an 80+" buck! I can't wait for archery season.

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!" -Harry S. Truman

Amazing how some people save up that many PPs and spend that much extra money on antelope when there are 80" bucks in about every unit if you get out off the roads and look for them. Good luck and hope you get him!

Yeah, but the experience of hunting an area with few other hunters and tons of antelope, including a higher percentage of bigger bucks, is a special experience. If I was a nonresident wanting to hunt antelope every year, I'd accummulate preference points and hunt on a leftover every year.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-13 AT 11:48AM (MST)[p]It is all a balance in perception. I am at 6 points for lope. I am looking at a certain unit, has nothing to do with trophy quality, but the ground I really love to hunt and the total lack of other hunters.

Hell I might even save up all points as I would like to take all 3 in one unit in 1 year archery. It is probably a pipe dream, but would think I could pull it off. the unit I would try in takes a lot of points in elk and lopes but none for deer. Someday I may try it. If I pull it off it would be cool.

For now I keep buying points.

Zeke,
Thanks for the well wishes. I did not draw this tag for a lack of trying. I put in every year and was unsuccessful until this year! It is a great unit and the potential is good. To me it is worth it to hunt around less people and see more quality! I am leaving tomorrow to go scout for a couple of days so we'll see what the prospects are looking like this year.

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!" -Harry S. Truman

Congrats and best of luck. Hope you bag a booner and then post story and photo's here!!! Enjoy the scouting trips andthe hunt. I'll be chasing them in Woming in August with my muzzleloader also.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom