71/711 or 72/73?

whipknot

The draw this year was a big zero for us. I've got a group of four that all really want to hunt deer in CO this year. We are looking for a group of 2nd or 3rd season tags. I know the landowner vouchers are a thing of controversy... but the way I see it that is the only option that we are stuck with right now.

My father that will be hunting with us has had some heart trouble and is getting up there in age so we can't hunt the high peak country like we used to.

I have a friend that suggested 71/711 or 72/73. I know nothing about these units other than they have private land and the deer by late in the season will likely be in that private land.

If anyone would be able to share information to point me in the right direction (or make any other suggestions) It would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

If you throw unit 70 into the discussion... in which unit do you have a better chance of killing a decent buck? 70, 71/711 or 72/73 all 3rd season rifle? I don't need specifics, I'm willing to do my own homework and scouting... I just don't know these units but need to make a choice on which tags to buy while they are available. Thanks for any input.

PM's are very welcome!

OK... I narrowed it down to 71/711 for better or worse. I have had some helpful info from a few of you. I'd like to find a place in this unit that I can get off the road. Any advice? Comments from those that have hunted this unit? It's a huge unit... just looking for a place to start scouting. Thanks again to those of you that have sent me PM's!

Whipknot

i have senn some real hogs in 711 mostly on the Glade, theres a lot of thick scrub oak in there from a previous fire. might also want to try ryman creek.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom