74, 75, 82,711 Mule deer, muzzy or rifle

bene12

I have been visiting my sis in CO the last couple of years and I have spent some time in all these units hiking. Haven't seen a lot of muleys but better than most states I can tell you that. Love the back country hunts, I don't have any points in CO but I thought about packing in and hunting one of the 4. Just want opinions on your favorites, and advice. Im an Arizonan so holler at me if you need AZ help. thanks

Actually, with 0 points you would have had a 20% chance of drawing a muzzy tag in 74 and a 100% for the second or third rifle season. Unit 75 would be an 75% chance of drawing a muzzy tag and a 50-85% chance of drawing a 2nd/3rd rifle.

Not sure of the other units, but you can look them up on this site: http://monstermuleys.hunterstrailhead.com/huntsearch.php?ST=CO

74 and 75 were hit pretty hard last winter and they lost some deer. North end of those units may be sparse for a couple of years. Surely there are still some big-uns, but they will be farther apart.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

LAST EDITED ON Apr-03-11 AT 03:27PM (MST)[p]thanks guys.I was thinking about a later season hunt in CO, I wish I had the 10 points to get the early season above timber line, thats why I love hunting WYO. Im going to be hunting stick and string in AZ so I was hoping to get a rifle tag in CO. Thanks for the info. That winter took its toll maybe I should just get a pref point.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom