7mm-08 and magpro?

nvbones

Anyone ever tried it? I can't find any data for it. Looking to duplicate hornady superperformance speeds with accubonds.

Magpro would be way too slow burning for the 7mm-08.
You'll not get what you're looking for with that combination!
Zeke

Hey thank you. How about imr4350? I'm shooting a model 7 so it's got an 18 inch barrel so I know it won't hit advertised velocities but I can't figure out how superformance is hitting at least 100 fps than all published data I can find for 140s.

I would try H4895 or IMR-4895 for your 7mm-08. As for those published velocity data, sometimes they are very optimistic and use a 26" test barrel to get their velocity.

I don't load for the 7mm-08 but do for the 308. I use RL-15. I'll bet the burn rate is somewhere close to the 4895's.
MagPro is for over-bore mags so because of the case size of the "08" and the relatively large bore of the .284, it's use would be like blowing down a 12" pipe. You could never generate the pressures to develope any velocity.
I wouldn't worry too much about 100fps. You can kill everything that you hit correctly with it. If you wanted a hot rod there are other cartridges out there for that.
Good luck bones and have fun!
Zeke

I already have a 270 wsm. But even though it's unfired I promised my brother he could use it for his nevada elk tag this year so he has it in reno. I was just trying to see if I should just shoot the superperformance or try and reload for this season. My 7mm-08 is sighted in with superperformance already, I'm just not a huge fan of the sst, have had bad experience with it before. Was just trying to see if I could get the accubond to similar velocities. Thanks for the info everyone

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom