7mm Rem Ultra Mag Load Data

Meander

What's the deal with the major bullet manufacturers like Nosler and Barnes not putting out load data for the big 7mm Remington Ultra Mag? This cartridge came out at the same time as the .375 Ultra Mag. There's ton's of load data for this bad boy, but not for the 7mm Ultra Mag. Is this a sign the cartridge is turning out to be a flop? I hope not.

I've heard that sales were slow. Not sure of the source though. I'm in the market to buy real soon. I think I'm going to go w/ the ol' standby 7 rem mag. Will do what I want it to do. An Ultra would be cool. Just not sure it's necessary for what I need.

There is 7 RUM reloading data for Hodgdon and IMR powders on their web sites. Check the other powder sites.
Remington has the only one factory load with the 140 corelokt Ultra and I think it's only chambered in the CDL this year, as the LSS was discontinued. Could be that the 7 RUM may slip by the wayside.

Meander, I don't think the 7mm Ultra will get the attention like the other Ultra Mags. I only know one guy that has one, but it was high maintenance to get it to shoot. Check out the .300 It does things the 7mm can't. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom