7mm Ultra Mag

Meander

Has anyone developed a pet load using a premium 140 grain bullet for the big 7mm Remington Ultra Mag? I've already looked at what the few bullet and powder manufacturers have put out. I'm interested in what other 7mm Ultra Mag shooters have come up with. Thanks in advance.

I had one for 160 gr too, but have since sold the gun. Heard too many stories of burning up barrels. PM me if you want it.

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.
Hunt Odds.com

remington once fired brass, f215m primers, 86.5 grains of H4831sc 140 nosler accubond. dont remember the lenght, but it was WAAAAY off the lands. shoots at 1/2 inch out of RMEF edition remington model 700
Casey

I shoot 140gr accubonds. My load is 86.0gr of RL22, Fed 215, 3.63 for length. Very accurate. Speed is not bad at 3380 fps. I have also shot trophybonded bear claws with this load and had good results.

Ive loaded 160 Accubonds for a friend in Rem cases, Fed215 gold medal primers, 90 gr of RL25. Shoots great groups and makes big holes in Bucks..

I have a .300 Ultra... and a .338 Ultra, and a .375 Ultra. Now I have a 7mm Ultra.

Thanks for the load data, 257Tony, Twheimann, and firstcoueswas80inches.

As a matter of interest, I haven't been able to get either a 160 grain Nosler Accubond, or a 139 grain Hornady Interbond to shoot out of my 7mm Ultra using Retumbo or H1000. Four to six inch groups. I will be trying other bullets and powders to see if I can improve that. Unlike most others my rifle isn't a Remington, it's a Sako 75 factory chambered in the 7mm Ultra.

I'm not bashing the 7mm, but most guys I know that have one, find it difficult to load for. (I am biased towards the .300)I would love to play with the .338 Ultra though. Maybe someday. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom