8.3 dirty max

How Much Fuel Is That Gonna Burn?

Nothing But A POWER PLAY Between The BIG 3 As Always!

I'd Bet It'll Be A Real PRICK To Work On!

Hey doc?

You Got One On Pre-Order?

Pulls a loaded Big Tex gooseneck 65mph down a rocky mountain interstate at idle. I can imagine the price tag!!

The specs in that article only have them beating the Powerstroke by 100hp and breaking even on torque. Something that Ford would almost certainly surpass at the next model year update.

Not very good numbers for a brand new motor. But, GM is so far behind Ford and Ram on diesel motors right now (2 tons behind Ford in towing capacity) they've got to do something to stay in the game. 🤷

Yeah, 1200 pounds of torque will roll it down the highway at break neck speed but will the pickup chassis stop the momentum?

The specs in that article only have them beating the Powerstroke by 100hp and breaking even on torque. Something that Ford would almost certainly surpass at the next model year update.

Not very good numbers for a brand new motor. But, GM is so far behind Ford and Ram on diesel motors right now (2 tons behind Ford in towing capacity) they've got to do something to stay in the game. 🤷
I'm more surprised that RAM hasn't upped their game.

2024 GMC AT4 has plenty of power. They need to start working on better fuel mileage. Would not be as bad if diesel was under $2.50 a gallon. 😎😎😎

I can't see it being a big seller even if it's worth a crap, and that's a big if.

All 3 of today's diesels will pull any load up any hill that a vehicle this size should pull already. when you're hitting the brakes in corners going uphill there's your sign .

If some of these knot heads today had ever had to pull loaded goosenecks out of the hills with 350's and 360's they'd understand finding a hill you can't top at 75 doesn't mean you need more.

Looks cool.

I am completely happy with any of the 3 major diesel offerings currently. I have no need for more power. Also pretty happy with the fuel mileage. I get better gas mileage on my Ram diesel than I do in my tacoma.

WRONG 440!

We May Not Need It!

But We want It!

THINK dude:

What Sells Trucks?

I can't see it being a big seller even if it's worth a crap, and that's a big if.

All 3 of today's diesels will pull any load up any hill that a vehicle this size should pull already. when you're hitting the brakes in corners going uphill there's your sign .

If some of these knot heads today had ever had to pull loaded goosenecks out of the hills with 350's and 360's they'd understand finding a hill you can't top at 75 doesn't mean you need more.

One More Thing 440!

If Your KING RANCH Isn't a 2024 Model With The HIGH OUTPUT STROKER You're Gonna Get Your ASS SPANKED!

Tight Ain't Even The Word For It!

They Should Have Their Asses Kicked!

I Wonder How Long It Takes On A Computer To Design Something This IGNORANT?

I'm sure Gale Banks already has the blueprints working up some new additions

Gale Can't Do What He Used To Do!

I agree. Never was a fan of their tuners. But when it comes to air flow I feel like they got it nailed. I do run a banks intake horn on my 5.9. They also solved the issue for the cummins 6.7 heater grid. If anyone runs a 6.7 cummins they may want to look into this so they don't get a bolt into number 6 cylinder. I don't like their oil type filters nor any brand that uses oil to catch dirt.

Right On nfh!

Anybody Running A Newer CUMMINS TAKE NOTE!

BANKS Does Have The Fix For This Issue!

Can You F'N Believe CUMMINS/DODGE Would Build Something Like This?

You Want # 6 Taken Out Just Keep Driving That 6.7 It'll Happen!

I agree. Never was a fan of their tuners. But when it comes to air flow I feel like they got it nailed. I do run a banks intake horn on my 5.9. They also solved the issue for the cummins 6.7 heater grid. If anyone runs a 6.7 cummins they may want to look into this so they don't get a bolt into number 6 cylinder. I don't like their oil type filters nor any brand that uses oil to catch dirt.

I've Never Seen A Diesel Engine That Could Pull A Big Load & Get The Fuel Mileage A Fine TUNED CUMMINS Will Get!

Watch The TFL Guys On Youtube Testing The New GM DURAMAX & Ford STROKER!

Yes!

Heavy Loads!

But 2.2-2.4 MPG?

GEEZUS!

Just Buy Yourself A Full Size SEMI!

HO powerstroke vs the current Duramax. Even tho the Dmax has lower numbers, real world application is virtually identical. Pulling 27k up a gnarly hill.

What percentage of guys that buy these trucks pull max loads through the mountains? I'd say way less than 1%, likely .1%

Hey Tony!

Out here In The Oilfield They've Been Over-Loading Diesel Pick-Ups Forever!

Alot Of Them Pulling Loads That Should Be Behind A Full Sized Semi!

Let's Just Say They Get Tested Out Here & THRASHED!

HO powerstroke vs the current Duramax. Even tho the Dmax has lower numbers, real world application is virtually identical. Pulling 27k up a gnarly hill.

What percentage of guys that buy these trucks pull max loads through the mountains? I'd say way less than 1%, likely .1%

Out here In The Oilfield They've Been Over-Loading Diesel Pick-Ups Forever!
I know of a farmer in Bear Lake that had literally sheared the gears on his Powerstroke from pulling WAY too much weight.

Ford covered the first one under warranty, when he did it again they told him he had far exceeded capacity and wouldn't cover it. I'm glad, that's basically insurance fraud by the farmer, if you ask me.

I have no idea how much weight you'd have to hook up to to do that twice.

"sheared the gears" is a very basic term.....lots of things to break between the flywheel and the tires. What exactly broke?

I am amazed at how many people abuse a truck. Or any other vehicle for that matter. How can you spend $100k on a truck and not try to keep it nice? Use it , work it, but don’t abuse it and try to keep it nice.

I’m a bronco guy. My niece bought one of the stupid new ones (not the explorer). I opened and slammed the door and it sounded trashed just like the doors on my 69 or a heep. (n)

I had a 70 sitting here for a while that I was pondering putting a cummings 4BT in :cool: Wifey explained the math on why I couldn’t afford it. The divorce was the most expensive part of that build:ROFLMAO:

I’m a bronco guy. My niece bought one of the stupid new ones (not the explorer). I opened and slammed the door and it sounded trashed just like the doors on my 69 or a heep. (n)

I had a 70 sitting here for a while that I was pondering putting a cummings 4BT in :cool: Wifey explained the math on why I couldn’t afford it. The divorce was the most expensive part of that build:ROFLMAO:
I got a 4BTA sitting here waiting for you Bluehair.....when you get some sense talked into her.....

I got a 4BTA sitting here waiting for you Bluehair.....when you get some sense talked into her.....
Sweet….400 lbft torque at 1500 revs and 20 mpg would be so cool. 10 years ago I would have been all over it.

Now days I need a lift kit just to get under something, but then my arms are too short to reach anything.

When Them New BUTT UGLY Bronco's First Came Out I Thought Who The HELL Would Buy One Of Them?

I Was Wrong!

And Again!

They Are Selling Alot Of Them & The People I've Talked To That Own Them Like Em!

This. Most guys couldn't tell the difference between any of the big 3 in everyday driving. But, some guys get a woody over "class leading". mtmuley

I Did Destroy The Ring & Pinion Gears On A Ford 9" Rear Diff Back In The Day!

One Of The Toughest Rear Ends Built For Their Size Back In The Day!

Excessive Torque & Some STUPIDITY Was All It Took!

Most Newer Diesel Pick-Ups Have Some Fairly Heavy Duty Diffs!

"sheared the gears" is a very basic term.....lots of things to break between the flywheel and the tires. What exactly broke?

Who's gonna be brave enuff to buy the first Gen and be the test rats till they get all the bugs worked out
Wes

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom