8 X 42 or 10 X 42 ?

J

jet1077

Just curious what peoples preferences are between 8X and 10X binoculars for hunting?

>Just curious what peoples preferences are
>between 8X and 10X binoculars
>for hunting?

10's offer more detail but are harder to hold steady. 8's will offer a brighter image in darker conditions. I just bought some 10x42's and have no complaints.

-DallanC

I've considered the same question more this season than ever before. And I think I'm going with 8x42 instead of the 10x42's I have been use to.

Mainly because it is a wider field of view and easier on the eyes. The extra 2 power is hardly a difference, but looking thru them for hours without eye strain is what will do it for me. I have a spotting scope if I want to see up close.

Depends on where your hunting. In thicker, darker timber, I'd choose the 8x or 7x for the wider field of view and faster acquisition. Can go to 8x32 to get the same exit pupil as the 10x42, and have a lighter bino also.

For more open country and longer distances, choose the 10x and maybe a tripod for real steady viewing to pick out the details and movements more easily.

Or combine em with a Leica Duovid 8+12

Doug~RR

I just went to 12x50. I'll keep you posted. The country I hunt is wide open and big so I do a lot of glassing...

big country, I'd go for at least 10x50, i've seen more guys going to the 12 or even 15x!!!! I carry 10x50's, I would not go smaller.

Big country I use 15x56 swaroski's on a tripod can't beat them on how well they help to spot game,

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom