8yr-old Daughter's First Deer

muzzy100

LAST EDITED ON Oct-01-09 AT 10:28AM (MST)[p]My 8yr-old daughter was successful yesterday and harvested her first deer. This was her first year hunting and she made me proud. I will never forget her reaction after the shot as the deer fell right where he stood. She yelled "I GOT HIM, DAD!" I don't know who was more excited. I am one proud father!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-01-09 AT 10:43AM (MST)[p]Here is a photo of my little hunter and her 4-pointer.

4ac4dadd3a4794d6.jpg

CONGRATS to the Young Lady!! That is Great stuff there. Felt the same way when my son killed his 1st.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-01-09 AT 03:26PM (MST)[p]Great first deer. I can't wait for the experience with my 2 yr old once she is able to hunt. congrats to you both

LAST EDITED ON Oct-01-09 AT 09:17PM (MST)[p]first congradulations to that young lady!!! what state and how can I get my son a tag there? if nm I thought it was 10 here.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-02-09 AT 12:04PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-02-09 AT 12:02?PM (MST)

Thanks guys. I let her read your comments and it made her smile. This was a youth hunt here in NM, Unit 24. NM actually has a number of youth hunts. As far as age limit, there is not one for NM. So long as a youth can successfully pass a hunter safety class they are eligible to hunt. My daughter acutally took the test in January when she was one month shy of turning 8 yrs-old. She asked us several times to let her take Hunter Safety class when she found out my 13 yr-old nephew was going to take it. I wasn't sure whether to let her, but we decided to let her try.

thank you and again great buck! you gave my son and myself some very exciting news! you should be very proud, both of you! I know I would!

Congrates Cuttie!!
Now dad you better make her some sausage for her pancakes every morning for breakfast.

Congrats to you and a HUGE CONGRATS to your little one. I LOVE IT! Thats a beautiful buck , way to get it done. My little on is 11 and will be going in 2010 . What H&R is that and what caliber? Thats pretty much the rifle we are looking at , figured maybe a .243 , just not sure if it will have a little too much recoil....Again congrats to you both and thanks for sharing it....Larry

Wow!

We have an 11 year old shooting an ibex, and now an 8 year old shooting a deer!

I have never procreated, but I must win! I will produce a 6 year old, that will draw youth hunts!

>Wow!
>
>We have an 11 year old
>shooting an ibex, and now
>an 8 year old shooting
>a deer!
>
>I have never procreated, but I
>must win! I will
>produce a 6 year old,
>that will draw youth hunts!
>

You have already won. You win for the strangest posts on MM. Congrats!!!

Fantastic. How did you find a rifle that wasnt' too big for her to handle? NOt so much recoil because a 243 or similar caliber should work. But I find that most rifles are too big for an 8 yr old to hold.

Guess I am slow. If its levity, I hope you have a bunch of kids and get them all into hunting.

I think its great to see that little girl with that huge bull. I bet she is still walking on clouds.

leave it alone already get one post where you do not have to run your mouth elkman

I say great job to the young hunter. Muzzy one risk you take when posting pictures and telling a story is someone has to ruin it. Why can't peolple just say congrats and move on without the negative BS. Seems she took the proper steps leading up to the hunt,,, ie hunters education. Sure she practiced shooting right? So whats the problem? I know of several hunters that have harvested animals this year but refuse to show them and the story because of the BS. good luck in the future and keep up the good work dad.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-09 AT 08:54AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-09 AT 08:53?AM (MST)

See post #24,,,,,, WTF damn computer LMAO

elkman??????????????? Nice post dude (#14) DORK!!!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom