A bad day

LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-09 AT 11:47PM (MST)[p]Sad news to hear but keep your heads up and be positive!! I know that sounds impossible right now but I'm a huge believer that keeping a positive attitude is the best medicine when with dealing with an illness...best of luck to your wife and family!!

Typo...a guy can get crusified on here for one of those...

~Z~

My condolences to you as i'm sure you are feeling in sorrow.

I know you may not feel it right now but on the bright side you didn't loose her to sudden death. Lots of people have MS and a couple that are good friends, live fairly normal lives, if i didn't know they had it, i couldn't tell. Count your blessings, much worse things "could" have happened.

My prayers to your family!
Joey

Sorry to hear the bad news about your wife. As others mentioned keep a positive attitude, most important is to be there for her
as her emotions are going to roller coaster and there will times when she needs a sounding board and other times when she needs a shoulder and times when she needs someone to really listen.. you get my drift..

My condolences. My best friends mom had this, she was just like a mother to me. Shed been diagnosed around 1990, she passed in 2006, she didn't really get any effects from it until the last 3 years, so you and your need to live your lives to the fullest and don't waste any moment. You'll have a lot more good times than bad ones. Best of luck to you both! Stay positive!

Sorry to hear, I'm with the others its all in your attitude, They gave my Dad 6 mos when he found out he had terminal cancer, he lived 4 years longer.Our prayers are with you and your family.

Thank you for all your kind words. I have an awesome wife. She truly is much stronger than I am. I am trying to be positive, but my first instinct is to be pissed and hit someone. Noone to really blame so I can't really hit anyone. I am sure these initial feelings will supress themselves and then we can get on with our lives. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers. We will do our best to be positive. I understand that worse could have happened and I am glad it did not. I will certainly not take another moment with her for granted. This has really changed some perspective on things for me. I realized just how much I really do love her.

413:

My wife of almost 3 years was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis FIFTEEN years ago; my daughter was officially diagnosed just one year ago. They're both on the same daily shot(Copaxone) --- both are dealing with it, as your wife (and you) will also. Know this, and be thankful --- it isn't cancer. Your lives won't end, she'll just adapt in some ways.

Anytime you feel the need to talk, I'm there for you. I mean it! I'll pm my cell phone # to you ...

Lv2hnt

"Every man dies --- not every man really lives."

I feel for you. I hope for the best for you and your family. I think sometimes its easier for the one who has the illness. I been through a lot of loss over the last 10 years and have delt with many tough things. If you need someone to listen (email or by phone) I would be glad too. PM me if need. Curt

"Let's keep things in perspective.I mean for Peet's sake there are kids in Africa that don't even hunt....hello" Jimmy Big Time

Thanks guys. It means alot. I think i am doing better today. I reeally appreciate that you are willing to do what you can to help. Hope I won't need to call but I appreciate the offer.

I just saw on the news a "Ray of Hope" for you! Johns Hopkins has developed a cure for MS. Of the 40 patients they've tested in 3 years 90% have no sign or even symptons 3 years later. The procedure takes 4 days, after 2 weeks the white blood cell count is back to normal. They say that basically they replace the immune system. Bad news is they need 15 million to do clinical trials and don't have the cash so it may fall to the wayside until they get the money. Anyway hope this helps brighten your day.

I am so sorry to hear this. My wife has a neuro-muscular disorder. We deal with it by making adjustments every day. I admit I sometimes have a harder time than she does.

Best of luck to you.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom