a bow for the wife

outdoorsdude

For years, the wife has really helped out on hunting, even packed Elk this year. I was thinking she might like doing the shooting too, even if only at targets. (I could go broke supplying her with .45ACP)
Any suggestions on a bow?

I've figured out she should draw 26in, but I have no idea what weight could be correctly handled. And it's the last part that has me considering 'kids bows', due to the wide range of draw weight. ie. Rukus, Chaos One, Apprentice 2, Edge.

Or would I be better off going with a 'nicer' limited draw weight range? ie. Homewrecker, Stiletto But at the lowest range?

The best part- no proshop in town.

My wife uses the Diamond razor edge. She likes it and killed a good little buck with it this year. She shots it a lot and we have not had to replace the strings or any thing yet. I think it is a good one for the money.

+1 to the Razors edge. My wife has the same bow. With the wide range of draw length and weight you have numerous options.

I bought my wife a Mathews jewel last yr and she never puts
It down she loves that bow and killed a couple great animals
With it this last season

FOWL FREAKS

All bows mentioned above are great bows. If your wife is small framed the Youth bows may be worth a look. Try and get to an archery shop and have her professionally measured and draw weight. Then it is all about what she feels is comfortable, draws and shoots best for her. We have a PSE Chao's for our Grandson.. lightest "quality youth hunting bow" on the market at 3.2 lbs. bow only..

))))------->

i got my wife the hoyt vixcen. 40-50 pounds. bow is smooth. and she enjoys shooting it..

LAST EDITED ON Nov-28-12 AT 02:11PM (MST)[p]I also picked up a Hoyt Vixcen for my wife recently. She's been shooting a little more and more. 2013 will be her first year with an archery tag.

*edit*
She is also a 26" draw. I got the 40-50lb limbs but you can turn the bolts out the maximum they recommend and it goes down to 35lb. I've been turning them in 1/2 turn on occasion as she gets stronger. She'll be at 45-50 by the end of summer...and she'll probably draw a good tag and shoot a bull bigger than mine.

The razor edge is a good place to start that is what I bought my wife for her first bow just to see if she would like it. Since then the got hooked and bought a full custom hoyt carbon element and even named her new puppy hoyt lol

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom