A couple California propositions

CAelknuts

We were talking about the Propositions on the chat last night, and a couple of the California props were of quite a bit of itnerest. With that in mind, I thought I'd give an update on some of California's propositions and how they fared.

Prop 1A, high speed rail. Multi-billion dollar bond for high speed rail system. It passed.

Prop 2 Animal welfare bill. Mandates that chickens and other animals raised by agriculture must have cages large enough to turn around in and lay down in. It passed.

Prop 4. Parental notification before abortion of minor child. Would have required parental notification and 48 hour wait before an unemancipated teen can undergo an abortion. It failed.

Prop 5. Change in sentencing laws for drug offenders. Would have given treatment and counseling instead of jail time for many drug related offenses. It failed.

Prop 6. Prison related bond measure. It failed.

Prop 7. Would have required Utilities to generate increasing percentages of their power from renewable sources. It failed.

Prop 8. This was probably the biggie in CA. Consitutional amendment that says marriage can only be between a man and woman. Restores will of people that was overturned by State Surpreme Court. IT PASSED.

Prop 10. Bond measure for purchase of alternative and flex fuel vehicles. It failed.

JB wants to know if he'll be able to hang his head out the window of that new 220mph commuter train when he goes to visit Santa Rosa.

>JB wants to know if he'll
>be able to hang his
>head out the window of
>that new 220mph commuter train
>when he goes to visit
>Santa Rosa.

1911, my guess is he'll be REQUIRED to stick his head out the window.:)

Prop.8 won by a pretty slim margine. Something ironic......there was a huge turn out of black voters in support of Obama. Well, it turns out that 70% of blacks voted yes on 8. Enough to push it through. HA!

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom