A cow moose hunt?

H

hangingmeat

Just curious, I went on an Alaska Yukon Moose hunt a few years ago and absolutely LOVED the meat. The hunt was a little spendy, so I'm wondering- Are there some COW moose hunts in the states , like Idaho, Wyoming,Montana,Utah, etc.. that a person can draw fairly easily and go on a meat hunt?

Idaho comes to mind, but what kind of odds is a guy looking at?

Thanks

thanks for the reply, so could a guy draw a tag without haveing years worth of points?

no points in Idaho so you have as good of luck as anyone, easy odds for cows where there are lots of moose, look into the 66, 69, 64, 67, I know these areas pretty good and no problem finding a cow. I do know that some areas have left over cow tags that you could still buy this year and gt one.

so i just looked real quick, unit 67 you have over 80% of getting a cow moose tag, i would look for a unit with more roads though with easy pack out.

So I have been looking on the ID fish and game site for a while now, but where is the cow moose permit fee/how would I go about buying one that is left over?

All I can find on the Idaho website is that you need the hunting license that's $154 & change along with n appropriate tag and here is the kicker. I can find only one moose fee on the entire G&F website and it doesn't differentiate between a cow or bull and is $2100+. If they want that much to shoot a cow I would say thanks, but no thanks!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom