A decent looking deer.

J

jmalmberg

Hi guys,

Here is a pic of one of the 4 bucks that we took on the muzzleloader. Mtyhntr helped me out on posting the pics....This buck stood still for 3 shots....I couldn't believe it....Me and my 2 buddies were walking up through some Quakies and at the top was a little slide. He was trotting down the slide and he saw us and turned right around at 40 yards away and ran back up the hill. He stopped right at the top broadside looking right at us....Here is the bad part for me and one of my buddies. My one buddy shot and missed and the deer didn't flinch. I shot and missed and he still didn't flinch. So my other buddy got on one knee and we advised him to aim high because we were shooting straight up hill and I knew that I had shot below him. He fired and the buck jumped and went over the top of the hill. At first we didn't know if he had hit him. We were really quiet for a second and then you could hear him crash. So we ran up the hill and there he was with a perfect kill shot in the front shoulder. I have stories for the other 3 bucks but I have to get the pics back so I can post them. What a great hunt....can't wait for the Elk hunt.

johnny-buck01.jpg

johnney-buck02.jpg

Nice looking buck, his cape has really good color, are you having a shoulder mount done??

jmalmberg: Nice looking critter. A little range time in order for this year, huh?

Bluelk,

It was really weird...I guess it was because we were shooting straight up hill. I shot a nice 3 point the next day and I nailed him right in the front shoulder with no problems. He didn't take another step. The only difference was that I was shooting down on him at about 90 yards. I had plenty of range time before I went out and I was shooting bullets in almost the same holes. The best part about that story is that my buddy who knocked him down was a first timer. Talk about beginners luck. The good thing is that he was about to give up on muzz hunting because he had hunted his butt off and hadn't seen a thing...so I was pretty happy that he was able to take a nice buck. Those are a dime a dozen where I hunt. Although it's a little bit harder to get em with a front loader.

CONGRATULATIONS! Not a decent looking deer at all, that's a GREAT looking deer! What the heck did he weigh? His body looks HUGE! Best of luck to you on your Elk hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom