A good day

LAST EDITED ON May-07-06 AT 02:23PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-07-06 AT 02:22?PM (MST)

Well the elk gods have blessed my buddy and I. We found all of these sheds in one day. It ended up being 15 elk, and one deer. While driving in that morning my buddy was going slow hopeing to spot one off the road, a few weeks ago I found a little one alongside the road, so I was giveing him grief and said we need to get up to our spot and the fact the chances of finding one were slim, but finding two alongside the road would be impossible. Well after our first hike we were driveing down the road and I spotted something and said "yea that could be a shed" being optimistic, we both picked up the binos, and simultaneously said "yea thats a shed" all that I could see was the last three points, boy was a I surprised when I got to it. It is the one on top in the middle. We ended up finding 3 or 4 sheds within 100 yards of the road. Once we found that big fresh one it was just a matter of walking and finding the direction the elk headed. We hiked a few ridges in hopes of finding a few and where they traveled, once we found that it was all fun and games. I was even able to spot a shed a good distance away by glassing a hillside. I ended up finding 10 and my buddy found 5, but only one little set. We searched high and low and couldn't find any matches. This brings my total to 13 elk sheds, which is 13 more than I have ever found in my lifetime.

445e5732451c366a.jpg

Those are some nice sheds...but you forgot to invite the "god of all shed-finder gods" or that measly little pile would have been twice that size.

Isn't there a no trespassing sign up by that area ;-)

nice goin' 'bigbuck'...that was certainly worth getting out of bed for...congratulations to the both of you, and thanks for sharin' the story and the pic...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom