A good long range caliber

Aaron1984

I want to build a good long range rifle. Something more affordable to shoot then the magnums cal. but still enough knock down for deer and pronghorn. I'm thinking along the lines of six different calibers. 7mm-08, 308, 25-06, 270, 264 win, or a 280 rem. any advice and input would be awesome. This will mostly be for just getting out and having a good time shooting targets. With the occasional hunt using it.

I did consider that caliber. But man that weatherby ammo can get pricey.

I also should have asked in my original post any good ideas of a good rifle to go with also.

Aaron, you are adding fuel to the fire of incorrect outdoor terminology when referring to "calibers" when you really are asking for a good "cartridge".

They are NOT the same thing though so many here continue to make the same blatant mistake. A 30-30, 300 Win Mag, and a 30-06 are all the same "caliber"

Do yourself a favor and learn the difference between a caliber and a cartridge chambering. You will sound like you know a lot more of what you're talking about. Thanks! :)

a .280 Rem is a very good cartridge for what you seem to be looking for but there are many that will do the job.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

>Aaron, you are adding fuel to
>the fire of incorrect outdoor
>terminology when referring to "calibers"
>when you really are asking
>for a good "cartridge".
>
>They are NOT the same thing
>though so many here continue
>to make the same blatant
>mistake. A 30-30, 300 Win
>Mag, and a 30-06 are
>all the same "caliber"
>
>Do yourself a favor and learn
>the difference between a caliber
>and a cartridge chambering. You
>will sound like you know
>a lot more of what
>you're talking about. Thanks! :)
>
>
>a .280 Rem is a very
>good cartridge for what you
>seem to be looking for
>but there are many that
>will do the job.
>
>Joey
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

Good to know lol.

Aaron of the cartidges you listed, I would give the 280 and 25-06 a hard look also the 270 would fit in there for a flat shooting non magnum cartidge.
My main deer and antelope cartidge for the past 25 years or more has been the 25-06 that has accounted for around 40 deer and antelope. With about 6 animals from 400 to 600 yards and those 6 were one shot kills. Have never lost a animal using that rifle. The 280 and 270 would be just as good in the right hands.

RELH

Uncle sage not mentioning the 270WSM?

Somebody Please take his temperature!:D:D:D

Best Watch Out!
My Arm is starting to Hurt!
I'm about to Itch it!

If you're not reloading, not sure how you can beat the venerable .270win for general availability and manufacture load options.

Not to muddy the waters, but....what's "long range"? Anymore I hear this term it means the next county.

Well for me I'm looking at being affective out to 750 yards. And once I get feeling as though I'm shooting good groups. And I know I have 750 yards dialed in. Then I may start practicing out to 1000 yards. It sounds like a 270 is an all around good cartridge to go with. Which I happen to already have. Thanks for all the input.

Longrangehunting.com has a lot of hardcore long rangers. Might also post up over there. You'll probably get answers all over the place. I've been shooting a 300RUM for near 13 years and wouldn't change for any other cartridge.

No love for the 7MM.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>Well for me I'm looking at
>being affective out to 750
>yards. And once I get
>feeling as though I'm shooting
>good groups. And I know
>I have 750 yards dialed
>in. Then I may start
>practicing out to 1000 yards.
>It sounds like a 270
>is an all around good
>cartridge to go with. Which
>I happen to already have.
>Thanks for all the input.
>

This is a whole different animal. Many of the rifles I see at the range (and most of the shooters behind them) would be doing well to lung shoot a deer at three hundred yards. IMHO, if you are looking for that kind of accuracy a gunsmith who builds such rifles would be a good place to start.

750 yards to start with!

Then maybe 1,000 Yards!

JUDAS!

F'N!

PRIEST!

Throw that 270 out,GEEZUS!

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

>
>750 yards to start with!
>
>Then maybe 1,000 Yards!
>
>JUDAS!
>
>F'N!
>
>PRIEST!
>
>Throw that 270 out,GEEZUS!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>I used to know of places
>worth Hiking in to for
>Elk & Deer!
>Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the
>USFS not enforcing Rules you
>can Zing in to them
>Places on Wheelers now &
>not see a Damn thing!
>
>But by GAWD it don't take
>long for them U-Tards to
>get there with all the
>Unethical BS and the New
>

So target shooting out to 750-1000 yards is now considered unethical? Wow i didn't know paper targets and steel targets have feelings my bad. Never once said I would shoot at an animal at those distances now did I? Unless I put enough time and rounds through my rifle. I'll stick with what I have been doing as far as my hunting goes. I don't need your input, your opinion is just that an opinion. You don't know me or how good of a shooter or a bad one I am. I don't need your input. As for you haven't given any helpful tips or ideas. Just your usual feed back as always. Have a good day sir an worry more about what you do or want to do then others. Might saw you from having a stroke in the near future.

Easy Aaron!

This wasn't directed at just you!

People recommending a 270 for long range when there are way better choices!

Maybe at first they didn't know you were gonna be shootin that far?

I figured you might be using the Gun as a Hunting Gun,My Bad!

No,I never said Plinking out to a 1,000 Yards was UN-ETHICAL!

Sorry,Maybe a 270 will do what you're trying to achieve?

I just took it,since this is kinda a Hunting Site you might be practicing for shooting Elk & Deer at Long Range with a 270,That 270 wouldn't be my choice,but maybe it'll do what you're doing!

Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

>Easy Aaron!
>
>This wasn't directed at just you!
>
>
>People recommending a 270 for long
>range when there are way
>better choices!
>
>Maybe at first they didn't know
>you were gonna be shootin
>that far?
>
>I figured you might be using
>the Gun as a Hunting
>Gun,My Bad!
>
>No,I never said Plinking out to
>a 1,000 Yards was UN-ETHICAL!
>
>
>Sorry,Maybe a 270 will do what
>you're trying to achieve?
>
>I just took it,since this is
>kinda a Hunting Site you
>might be practicing for shooting
>Elk & Deer at Long
>Range with a 270,That 270
>wouldn't be my choice,but maybe
>it'll do what you're doing!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>worth Hiking in to for
>Elk & Deer!
>can Zing in to them
>not see a Damn thing!
>
>get there with all the
>Technology!

Thank you and I wasn't getting upset or trying to be rude. I need to be more specific when I write up a post. I just want to get into long range shooting for fun. And if on occasion I see a coyote out prancing around at over 750 I'll give it hell. As for big game deer and pronghorn would be all I hunt with the 270. But I have an 30-06 for that as well.

It's all Good Aaron!

And all Guns are considered Long Range if there's a Coyote you're shootin at!:D

>Easy Aaron!
>
>This wasn't directed at just you!
>
>
>People recommending a 270 for long
>range when there are way
>better choices!
>
>Maybe at first they didn't know
>you were gonna be shootin
>that far?
>
>I figured you might be using
>the Gun as a Hunting
>Gun,My Bad!
>
>No,I never said Plinking out to
>a 1,000 Yards was UN-ETHICAL!
>
>
>Sorry,Maybe a 270 will do what
>you're trying to achieve?
>
>I just took it,since this is
>kinda a Hunting Site you
>might be practicing for shooting
>Elk & Deer at Long
>Range with a 270,That 270
>wouldn't be my choice,but maybe
>it'll do what you're doing!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>worth Hiking in to for
>Elk & Deer!
>can Zing in to them
>not see a Damn thing!
>
>get there with all the
>Technology!

It was directed at him, why don't you go unplug a phuckin toilet and tell us your technique... That's something you are qualified to comment on.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-07-13 AT 05:17AM (MST)[p]EDIT:It was directed at him, why don't you go unplug a phuckin toilet and tell us your technique... That's something you are qualified to comment on.

I said: It wasn't 'just' directed at him & settled it with him AsssHole!

Why don't you go kill & eat yourself some f'n Quackers off the City Sewer with your Labs,something you're qualified to do!

I have a 270 that I have shot to 1000 yards with and it works very well. I have shot a deer with it at 500 yards. I also have a 6.5-284 and love it, but its basically the same thing as a 270.

Shot placement is most important at all ranges, but I truely believe the "magnums" that you are ruling out make much more humane kills at longer ranges.

Have you thought of a 7mm rum? I did alot of homework before buying this gun and it actually shoots flatter than most rounds out there. Here the ballistics of a 175 g nosler accubond spitzer (bc of -g1 .672-g7 .364 at 3500 fps. Muzzle velocity.
892image.jpg

3941image.jpg

"I've hunted almost every day of my life, The rest
have been wasted"

7mm wsm is an awesome cartridge for long range whether shooting at the range or hunting
I have a 6.5 x 47 Lapua I had built a few years back and it will hit the gong at 1000 yards but Doesn't have the energy for hunting out that range. If you are set up to reload and like to shoot a lot this is a fun cartridge. I can shoot it all day and not get sore.
My daughter just took a 25" buck out at 454 yards with it. I think she is better at longer ranges than I am cause she has shot as much out to 600+ yards as she does at 100. When I grew up 300 yards was long range, for her 300 is some of the closer we do when we shoot.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-13 AT 01:41PM (MST)[p]
3500 with a 175 in the 7 ultra huh? Thanks for the reminder as to why i dont read threads like this anymore.The drop in inches is a nice touch as well (those are wrong too by the way).

6.5 creedmoor was an excellent suggestion, as was the 260,7-08 and 6.5x47L.From your list i'd take the 264 as the winner, but if you want to really shoot a lot and learn the ropes get the 308 or 7/08 and load the 155 scenar in the 308 or 162 amax in the 7/08 or the 280 rem.

But My top pick for anyone getting into longer range shooting (notice i didnt say hunting,altho it is plenty good for that too) is always the 6.5 creedmoor, the factory loaded 140 amax's are excellent, brass is also excellent and the load data to duplicate them is on every box..Couldnt be more strait forward.

These are guns that you will actually shoot and learn something with.

>LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-13
>AT 01:41?PM (MST)

>
>
>3500 with a 175 in the
>7 ultra huh? Thanks for
>the reminder as to why
>i dont read threads like
>this anymore.The drop in inches
>is a nice touch as
>well (those are wrong too
>by the way).
>
>6.5 creedmoor was an excellent suggestion,
>as was the 260,7-08 and
>6.5x47L.From your list i'd take
>the 264 as the winner,
>but if you want to
>really shoot a lot and
>learn the ropes get the
>308 or 7/08 and load
>the 155 scenar in the
>308 or 162 amax in
>the 7/08 or the 280
>rem.
>
>But My top pick for anyone
>getting into longer range shooting
>(notice i didnt say hunting,altho
>it is plenty good for
>that too) is always the
>6.5 creedmoor, the factory loaded
>140 amax's are excellent, brass
>is also excellent and the
>load data to duplicate them
>is on every box..Couldnt be
>more strait forward.
>
>These are guns that you will
>actually shoot and learn something
>with.

3500 with a 175 in the 7 ultra huh?

Yes DAWG!

The 7 RUM!:D

I've been having a good time with my .243 and Berger VLDs lately. That guys 7 Ultra sure shoots huh? mtmuley

the 243 with 105 amax or VLD's is a hell of a lot in a small package and I would have put it on the list but its kind of a crap shoot on the factory twist..Stick with remington and you should be OK with the 1-9"..If building go with 1-8".

And ya the 7 RUM is out of this world apparently..

The 243 with 80 Grain POWER POINTS Ain't too Bad REDDOG!:D

Don't know about Long Range?

But it will take a Buck at 538!:D

LAST EDITED ON Oct-09-13 AT 01:52AM (MST)[p]I love it when guys get on here and try and tell you you don't know how your own gun shoots. I'm no fool and I did a hell of a lot of homework to figure out exactly what I wanted for a long range gun. I'm not rich by any means at all so spending More than three grand on a gun to me is a Once in a lifetime deal. I know people trying to push 3400 ft./s out of a 7 mag. Which borderlines on Dangerous pressure levels. Take that same caliber bullet and put it into an ultra mag= Higher load pressures. 3500 ft./s is still a stable load out of that caliber in UM. Plug in the BC Of the nozzler bullet listed above and do the math, the numbers are correct by the way. It's not a common caliber But it's the flattest shooting thing I've been able to find And has knockdown power out to 1200 yards. The only problem is once you get that far out, that light of a bullet can drift very easily with a crosswind. The way I have it set up its a sexy hole puncher.
2061image.jpg

2 shots at 850 outer right shot at 1000 dealing with 4mph crosswind. Center dot is 1 inch, circle rings are 2 inches apart.

have been wasted"

>LAST EDITED ON Oct-09-13
>AT 01:52?AM (MST)

>
>I love it when guys get
>on here and try and
>tell you you don't know
>how your own gun shoots.
>I'm no fool and I
>did a hell of a
>lot of homework to figure
>out exactly what I wanted
>for a long range gun.
>I'm not rich by any
>means at all so spending
>More than three grand on
>a gun to me is
>a Once in a lifetime
>deal. I know people trying
>to push 3400 ft./s out
>of a 7 mag. Which
>borderlines on Dangerous pressure levels.
>Take that same caliber bullet
>and put it into an
>ultra mag= Higher load pressures.
>3500 ft./s is still a
>stable load out of that
>caliber in UM. Plug
>in the BC Of the
>nozzler bullet listed above and
>do the math, the numbers
>are correct by the way.
>It's not a common caliber
>But it's the flattest shooting
>thing I've been able to
>find And has knockdown power
>out to 1200 yards. The
>only problem is once you
>get that far out, that
>light of a bullet can
>drift very easily with a
>crosswind. The way I have
>it set up its a
>sexy hole puncher.
>
2061image.jpg

>2 shots at 850 outer right
>shot at 1000 dealing with
>4mph crosswind. Center dot is
>1 inch, circle rings are
>2 inches apart.
>
>
>
>"I've hunted almost every day of
>my life, The rest
>have been wasted"

Oh SWEET GEEZUS trophymuley!

You just mentioned "KNOCKDOWN POWER"!

REDDOG will be on you like a Kid in a Candy Sack!:D

I Guess the one thing that Aggitates Him with the 7RUM is He can't load his Shells with Bullets that are 2.5"-3" Long?

Quit plugging in numbers and shoot it. Then see what happens. I seriously doubt you get 3500 fps with that bullet. I'm assuming you have a factory rifle. mtmuley

LAST EDITED ON Oct-09-13 AT 10:31AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-09-13 AT 10:14?AM (MST)

I can upload pictures or video of the chronograph reading if you would like :) it took forever to get the right load in there to do that but I finally got it. To be exact the chrony is giving me 3495 muzzle vel consistently. And no it's not just a factory gun. I bought a rem model 700 sendero and added a Krieger barrel. However loading that hot is not reccomended. the kneck prssure will cause barrel burnout at around 900 rounds and then goes the accuracy. I shoot about 20 shots a year now that I have it tuned so at my count ill be due for a new barrel in about 8 years now. A little price to pay for outrageous ballistics And let me rephrase knockdown power to ft-lb of energy to be "proper" take the muzzle ft/s down to 3380 and its still a flat shooter
have been wasted"

Years ago I began the hunt for the perfect cartridge. I wanted something with light recoil but capable of taking elk size and smaller game out to a 1000 yards.I setteld on the 6.5-284 and have never looked back. The 260 win is another great cartridge.

since you mentioned target practice and plinking then you need to look at 6.5 creedmore it has some of the best BC out for target shooting and is easy on your shoulder. This gun will shoot out to a 1000 yards very accurate.. It is good for antelope and deer size game.

Now if you want a bit more power the 7mmo8 is a great target gun as well. Has a bit more punch for deer size game.

Now if your talking about shooting anything larger then deer you need to be looking at .270 wssm or .300 wssm calibers.

here is a video on the 6.5
http://www.hornady.com/store/6.5-Creedmoor

who farted?

If you are serious about long range and hunting.. Do yourself a favor and get a 338 Lapua. Not only is it deadly accurate, it is a hoot to hunt with as well.

The 250 grain Senars in the 338 Lapua work the best IMO.

Trying to take crap and make filet minion will get you nowhere and frustrated.

Do it right and build a good rifle and the correct caliber.

Wind is your biggest enemy at long distances. The lighter the bullet, the more drift you'll have.

Reload your own bullets and find the load that works best out of YOUR rifle.

I recommend using Sierras guide book for reloading information.

There is no reason not to get a hole, in a hole, in a hole @ 200 yards if you build a good, solid rifle and reload your own.

I also recommend not skimping on the scope. I use Nightforce personally for their quality, reliability and easiness to use.

Dakota Arms and Surgeon Rifles are my top two for custom rifles. Surgeon is my overall favorite.

^ what he said . Pretty much hit it with the lapua. The real question is what are you willing to spend on a gun and what exactly are you using it for?
have been wasted"

He's GRITTIN His Teeth!:D

I have a few rifles my favorite is my .257 weatherby and a remington 300 rum and I just bought a H & S 300 rum they all shoot well.

>^ what he said . Pretty
>much hit it with the
>lapua. The real question is
>what are you willing to
>spend on a gun and
>what exactly are you using
>it for?

Are you and him lacking in reading and comprehending skills?
I'm a bowhunter and even I can see when someone says there looking to shoot paper, or plink targets the lapua isn't the gun.

Besides what's he going to tell his wife, hey hun I'm going to go spend our gas and grochery budget on a box of bullets and go shoot paper plates?

who farted?

Hey Bucky?

You don't tell Ms Bucky about every little Stash of Cash you have in your Wallet do Ya?:D

LAST EDITED ON Oct-10-13 AT 05:48AM (MST)[p]I had a long response posted here for a little while, but it wasnt very nice. Maybe i'll just post a link to this on a shooting site and see where it leads..I'll need some popcorn first.

>LAST EDITED ON Oct-10-13
>AT 05:36?AM (MST)

>
>Holy Santa Claus shitt..where's the aspirin.
>
>
> Would it be mean to
>post a link to this
>thread on a shooting forum?
>
>
>First off to the fella with
>the 7RUM, All your posts
>are a treasure trove of
>dumbfucktitude..You mentioned no less than
>5 things that would get
>you laughed out of any
>shooting site on the net..
>I'd go into detail but
>i'd have a damn come
>apart in the process.
>
>You really think your gun can
>out do, and not just
>a little i might add,
>every other 7 RUM ever
>spun together?
>
>Enjoy shooting that thing a whole
>20 times a year, thats
>badass dude!
>
>**Edit to add this GEM, it
>was hard to single out
>just one trust me.You really
>are clueless, and thats putting
>it mildly.
>
>" I know people trying to
>push 3400 ft./s out of
>a 7 mag. Which borderlines
>on Dangerous pressure levels."
>
>
>JFC, if i was your dad
>i'd find your 6th grade
>math teacher,punch him in the
>mouth and demand a refund.
>Then i'd smash all your
>fingers with a hammer to
>keep you from typing.
>
>I'm sure i'll be the one
>looking like an azzhole in
>this thread, the guys that
>can recognize how idiotic your
>claims are, are too nice
>or just dont want to
>say anything.
>
>Will you please put a cherry
>on top by saying you
>work the gun counter at
>a sporting goods store, cuz
>that would be perfect!

Hey REDDOG?

You never mentioned """KNOCKDOWN POWER""" one time?:D

JUDAS DAWG!!!

What a way to start your Day!:D:D:D

I never have quite figured out why the RUM's Bother the ole REDDOG?

Is it that they're already a fairly Hot Cartridges?

Is it He can't TAMP another 30 Grains of Powder in the Shell?

Is it because there is No Length/Room left in the Magazine?

Is it because it can't be modified to get another 1,000 fps?

LMMFAO!!!

REDDOG doesn't really mind the RUMs. In fact I think he has at least one. It's the other crap that drives him nuts. I'm far from an expert, but I know BS when I see it. mtmuley

I Feel for all Gun Counter Salesmen when REDDOG walks in!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I would go with a 270. The WSM version is a little better choice for reaching out there on game but out to 750 the original version is more than adequate. Don't go beyond 500 if using it for elk though.

Long range shooting and hunting is something that most people only speculate about. I would recommend doing your reading over at longrangehunting. Those guys actually shoot and hunt at long range and speak from experience. Someone that claims 3500 fps from a 7 RUM with 175 grain bullets for example - he either has never shot the gun in real life or has a broken chronograph. And people that say 750 yards (or 1000) is too far to ethically take game have probably never shot more than 5 rounds at that distance. For them it would be unethical, but that doesn't mean you can't become very proficient at that range. Experience is key! If you do a lot of target shooting out to 1000 you will have no problem taking game ethically out to 750. Personally I practice out to 800. My gun and my abilities are a little lacking to be taking game that far out (for now) but it's amazing how confident I've become at 500 yards by practicing out to 800.

Before you get too carried away with shooting long range be sure to find a rifle and load that will shoot nice tight groups at 100 yards. Get her shooting 3/4" 5-shot groups consistently and your long range shoots will be much more rewarding.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-10-13 AT 11:10AM (MST)[p]Rarely do I care to "call" someone out over an online forum because you always have your loud mouthed a$$ holes who want nothing more than to stirr the fecal pot of negativity, but reddog, you sir are class act asswipe. I have no need to further converse with you. Just the typical deuche that runs around pisstalking everyone who doesn't have the same view as your almighty self. Someone asks for some advice and you jump on here to do nothing more than critique and trash talk anyone with an opinion that differs from yours. Classy fellow
have been wasted"

LAST EDITED ON Oct-10-13 AT 12:21PM (MST)[p]Ttrophymuley wrote, "Rarely do I care to "call" someone out over an online forum because you always have your loud mouthed a$$ holes who want nothing more than to stirr the fecal pot of negativity, but reddog, you sir are class act asswipe. I have no need to further converse with you. Just the typical deuche that runs around pisstalking everyone who doesn't have the same view as your almighty self. Someone asks for some advice and you jump on here to do nothing more than critique and trash talk anyone with an opinion that differs from yours. Classy fellow"

trophymuley, FYI, Reddog is one of the most respected firearms authorities we have here on MM and has been since i've been here. I've yet to see him spout off when not warranted and when he does, i listen to what he has to say. He built his rep from doing it, over and over, and over. You on the other hand,...

I've no dog in this fight other than to wonder why you posted up a bunch of BS, right or wrong, about your super magnum when the author of this thread clearly asked for opinions on Non-Magnum cartridges.

I still think that the ol .280 Rem., shooting high BC .284/7mm caliber bullets, is one of the best options out there for what the author is looking for. If wanting to step up the velocity a couple hundred feet per second out the tube, one could go with the rifle cartridge that i'm hunting with this year, the .280 ackley improved.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

LAST EDITED ON Oct-10-13 AT 02:14PM (MST)[p]I seemed to have missed the non magnum part of the original post. my bad

as for building a reputation, and apparently posting "bs" Ill keep it simple. I was originally going for a 7mm rm but came across the stw and rum While reading up on the two before I bought it
The RUM has significantly more case capacity than the STW. The RUM has more potential to achieve higher velcoities. However, the RUM case capacity is well past the point of diminishing returns for the 7mm bore. That is why we don't see much if any gain in velocity for the RUM over the STW. There simply isn't enough time for the expanding gasses to propel the bullet to the velocity potential of the RUM case in a 26-28" 7mm barrel. That is why the handloading data is so close between the two chamberings. Now with long barrels--say 32-34", I would expect the 7mm RUM to achieve a more significant increase over the STW.
I found this to be a true statement for any ultra mag cartridge. They should be made with longer barrels based on how much powder they carry.

Conclusion, test longer barrel out
- added custom 34 inch barrel. Outcome, faster velocities.
You don't like the data talk to someone else with a 34 inch barrel on a 7 rum.
Problem is I have yet to find someone else with Said caliber with such a barrel. Not a very popular round.
I took a caliber I saw potential in and pushed it to its breaking point.
Truth is I don't blame anyone for not believing a person without any reputation in long range shooting or reloading for that matter.
My question to those calling bullsht, have you actually owned or physically worked with the caliber I'm working with??? My apologies for not speaking "proper" long range lingo but I'm not here to debate whether you believe me or not. Nor am I here to be corrected on how I word my shooting terminology. I am simply sharing with the op what I have found to be a great caliber to consider.

have been wasted"

LAST EDITED ON Oct-10-13 AT 03:05PM (MST)[p]"My question to those calling bullsht, have you actually owned or physically worked with the caliber I'm working with??? My apologies for not speaking "proper" long range lingo but I'm not here to debate whether you believe me or not. Nor am I here to be corrected on how I word my shooting terminology. I am simply sharing with the op what I have found to be a great caliber to consider."

Yes i have, the .280 Remington and ackley improved are both the same caliber. So is the 7mmRem Mag, the 7mm-08, and 7mm STW to name a few that are the same exact caliber.

So you are not here to learn anything, my apologies, but most would like to know when they are making mistakes, sounding like they don't know what the heck they are talking about but you already know it all. I should have known, you're one of those guys that already know everything. My mistake, carry on...

Joey

OK!

I'm Tired of You Guy's BS!

This I helped Invent!

7,000+ FPS!

Accurate out to 2,000 Yards!

This is the 50 JFP!

50 Caliber BMG Case with a .17 Slug!

672550_jfp.jpg

>Thanks bess, you prick.

What'd I do DAWG???

Aaron this is getting a little out of hand. Do the best with what you have and move up as you can afford nicer equipment. Talk to me when you can. It's hard to start with the all of the best gear and understand all of it. Don't rule out the big magnums when you can afford them. Properly set up , my little girl can shoot one. :). Haha she has been sense she was sixteen. She just shot a cow elk on Monday at 780 yards. One shot clean kill.

>>^ what he said . Pretty
>>much hit it with the
>>lapua. The real question is
>>what are you willing to
>>spend on a gun and
>>what exactly are you using
>>it for?
>
>Are you and him lacking in
>reading and comprehending skills?
>I'm a bowhunter and even I
>can see when someone says
>there looking to shoot paper,
>or plink targets the lapua
>isn't the gun.
>
>Besides what's he going to tell
>his wife, hey hun I'm
>going to go spend our
>gas and grochery budget on
>a box of bullets and
>go shoot paper plates?
>
>
>

>
>who farted?

You just demonstrated how big of an idiot you are then. I have never in my life seen a caliber or gun that I had custom made out shoot my 338 Lapua. PERIOD.

You've got to be a flippen retard if you think any other caliber will out perform the 338 lapua.

If your shooting steel with the Lapua (AR500 or harder) make sure you put it out 500+ yards. The Lapua is tough on steel.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-13 AT 10:18AM (MST)[p]I have a stock Savage HS Precision model that will shoot .5 MOA groups all day long. Nice rifle for the money.

"Have you thought of a 7mm rum? I did alot of homework before buying this gun and it actually shoots flatter than most rounds out there. Here the ballistics of a 175 g nosler accubond spitzer (bc of -g1 .672-g7 .364 at 3500 fps. Muzzle velocity."

^^^^^^^^^ NOW THATS A MAGICAL DAMN GUN THERE BOYS^^^^^^^^^^

Using Nosler's made up BC numbers too!

To the original poster, The 6.5 Creedmore is an excellent round, I also like the 6.5-284 but I just built a 6.5-06 Improved that is shooting lights out to 1000 yards but forming cases might be a pain for you. Of the ones you listed in your first post I like the 264, something about a 140 VLD going 3200 fps with mild recoil just turns me on.

I know I can poke paper along ways away with my 7mm-08. Not sure what the down range energy is. I'm thinking under 600 you should be good.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom