A great Tuchodi BC adventure

S

scadamso

LAST EDITED ON Oct-12-06 AT 06:11AM (MST)[p]Well, my partner and I are back after a most excellent adventure.
On September 24th, we woke in Fort Nelson after a 9 hour drive from Prince George the previous day. We met Guy Scott with Riverjet Adventures, for an early morning jetboat ride up the Muskwa then up the Tuchodi Rivers.

IMG_05791.jpg

IMG_05841.jpg

IMG_05961.jpg

This year there has been seasonably warm and very dry conditions for the Tuchodi area. One hunter form Fort Nelson said it had been over 7 weeks since it last rained. This weather made the river very low, thus Guy was reluctant to take us as far upriver as we first planned. Unfortunately, where we were dropped of for hunting for our first 6 days was very quiet.

IMG_06451.jpg

This 2pt bull, who had a cow with him, were called in from about 300 yards or so up to about 25 yards.

IMG_06501.jpg

After much less movement than expected we crossed the Tuchodi and hunted the other side off and on for a few days. I seen a grizzly, then his tracks after crossing one day this is a picture of his tracks with my leatherman.

IMG_06751.jpg

After 6 days of quiet hunting and only seeing a small handful of elk, we asked Guy Scott, since the river was up several inches, if we could be moved up stream closer to our initially planned spot. He agreed so we went up stream another 10 k?s or so. We ended up meeting up with Deaddog and a couple of his good friends who had returned two days previous from a successful sheep hunt.

IMG_07091.jpg

IMG_07171.jpg

We pounded ground for 4 hard days. On day three after our move, one of our hunters returned with a 6X6 elk which I unfortunately do not have pictures of. But we returned the next day with yet another elk this one 5X6. The second bull was shot on our last day of hunting at about 1130. After packing all our meat we began our hike out, about 8 k?s or so, with our packs loaded. We returned to camp just after 7 pm sundown. The next day it was already boat out time.
All in all, the hunt was a great one. Guy Scott was a great guy to deal with, we loved the boat ride up and had a blast hunting the beautiful country of the Tuchodi. Guy has been informed of our intentions to return next year. Most of all our thanks must go to Deaddog, his motivation, passion for hunting and his strive to make our hunt an excellent one.

jpg is there, just won't work on this site. The same story, cut/paste works on huntshoot.com

above where you start the post there is a line that reads click here to upload photo's. the way it works for me a little box pops up with a link. i then copy and paste that link and thats where i get my pictures from.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom