A KALI KUESTION???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
I Know what ORO Means!

Was there Gold around Oroville at one Time?

Are There Still Active Gold Mines in KALI?

And Will they Let Miners Tear Mother Earth Up to Get the Gold?

Them Stories of Washing Gold out of the Dirt with Hoses/Water Still Amaze Me!

And Have any of You KALI Boys ever Found any BIG Nuggets?:D

The Feather River is/was gold country. A lot of weekend warriors still play around there. No big operations that I know of.

I used to play around on the Trinity River. I had a sluice box and pans only. When the portable suction dredges came out people claimed up the river and some did pretty good. There was a "free area" by Big Bar on the Trinity River. It was kept open for anybody who wanted to play. I was there one weekend and a couple guys moved their 6" dredge in behind a big rock in the middle of the river. I didn't see it but they told me they got 32 ounces in two days. I don't doubt it.

You can still pan just about anywhere but dredges are a no, no. I found lots of flakes and flour gold but no nuggets.

I know guys who use metal detectors around the old hydraulic tailings who find good sized nuggets once in awhile. Just about any culvert that goes under the highway along the Trinity River will have gold trapped in it.

I Know what ORO Means!

Was there Gold around Oroville at one Time?

Are There Still Active Gold Mines in KALI?

And Will they Let Miners Tear Mother Earth Up to Get the Gold?

Them Stories of Washing Gold out of the Dirt with Hoses/Water Still Amaze Me!

And Have any of You KALI Boys ever Found any BIG Nuggets?:D
I go Gold Panning a lot and have a metal detector, sluice, all of the equipment you can get.
I hit a small glory hole a few years back on a Claim I work out of the upper Sacramento River. I had to go through some poison oak { I am not allergic to the stuff} and found a small area that was hidden. I took about 10 inches of black sand home in a five gallon bucket.
I had two half ounce nuggets 22 pickers and about 3/4 ounce of fine gold. All in all it was worth about 3-4 grand then worth more now at 3k an ounce.
My buddy and I do this all the time and then fish if we don't find gold either way we come home with something....

I go Gold Panning a lot and have a metal detector, sluice, all of the equipment you can get.
I hit a small glory hole a few years back on a Claim I work out of the upper Sacramento River. I had to go through some poison oak { I am not allergic to the stuff} and found a small area that was hidden. I took about 10 inches of black sand home in a five gallon bucket.
I had two half ounce nuggets 22 pickers and about 3/4 ounce of fine gold. All in all it was worth about 3-4 grand then worth more now at 3k an ounce.
My buddy and I do this all the time and then fish if we don't find gold either way we come home with something....
I used to bring home buckets of concentrates and pan it out at home too. Pretty enjoyable activity. Something about finding gold that has laying out there for eons.

I used to bring home buckets of concentrates and pan it out at home too. Pretty enjoyable activity. Something about finding gold that has laying out there for eons.
That is why they call it Gold Fever you get it every time you see gold in your pan.....I have to say working the concentrates at home with a glass of scotch is a blast.....

wtf have you ever seen gold at 3k an ounce??

Mostly recreational or retired folks along river still..but not much left.. ever 30 years a wet winter will move things around and so the scuttle butt..
Jester

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom