A little adventure... Found some bears...

elks96

Long Time Member
Well my son had hockey games in Jackson this weekend. So we were stuck in that town for the night. We decided to pack along our fishing rods and explore a bit. Our adventure took us to Jackson lake where we fished Saturday evening. There was not a person in sight and in the 2 hours we fished we only saw like 3 vehicles. It was super cool. Fishing was slow only a couple Lakers caught and released. We got to enjoy the river as well. Saw the bison, saw a small herd of elk with a couple decent bulls. Did not see any Moose.

On Sunday we fished a couple hours again (lots more people around). We left early enough to look at deer around DuBois. Lots of decent bucks nothing amazing... High light and the low light was seeing a Sow and 3 cubs as we were leaving...

all alone.jpg
buck1.jpg
buck2.jpg
buck3.jpg
snake river.jpg
snake2.jpg
teton.jpg
will fishin.jpg

Did You Fish Right Below Jackson Dam?

I'm Still Mad About The Otter That Stole My 6lb Cutthroat There Several Years Ago!

Them Damned Osprey Still There Smacking The Water/Fish?

I'm Still Mad About The Otter That Stole My 6lb Cutthroat There Several Years Ago!

Yeah we were down there and just above. The place was a zoo on Sunday with with kids crying, throwing rocks, little dogs barking and a bunch of people. Luckily we were fishing on the side opposite every one. We did not catch anything other than lakers.

How Big Do The Macks Get In Jackson?

Yeah we were down there and just above. The place was a zoo on Sunday with with kids crying, throwing rocks, little dogs barking and a bunch of people. Luckily we were fishing on the side opposite every one. We did not catch anything other than lakers.

How Big Do The Macks Get In Jackson?
They can get huge in Jackson. There are not a lot of big ones, but enough to make it worth the time to fish. I have only fished Jackson twice, and my best had been like a 3 pound 24" fish. But every winter the ice guys pull out some 20-30 pounders. The gorge is way better but Jackson lake has potential. I wish they were more aggressive with the harvest of pups in Jackson as it would help grow more big fish.

As for the Osprey, they were hammering the suckers that were schooled up in the shallows... Lots of stupid suckers'...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom