A little help on Unit 49,57,58,581 deer

SedaliaJay

I'm helping a friend that drew this deer tag for this coming weekend of 10/20/2012. The stats in there look awesome, over 60 percent success on bucks almost every year. I've been scouting and finding doe after doe after doe, but no bucks. Actually, I saw one buck and ironically, he was standing ten feet inside the cattle guard of posted private property. LOL! I've been down in the Fourmile/Chubb Park area. Should I be focusing on a different part of the area?

I hunted 58 in first rifle and saw very few deer and the ones I saw were does. I covered a lot of ground and was not impressed.

Lot of the bucks are probably still nocturnal. You might get a peek at them real early or late.

I used to hunt that exact spot, don't expect much. Sorry if I can't help much but I gave up hunting there for a reason. Those stats look great because it covers 4 units with a lot of private.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom