a little shed-freak eye candy

berto

Very Active Member
i finally got some film developed and scanned so i thought i would share some eye candy with all of you fellow shed freaks.

lateelk2.jpg

lateelk1.jpg

these aren't big ones, but they are all fun to find!

oh yeah, here is a dead buck i came across while hunting last week. it sure didn't take long for the yotes to reduce him to nothing but bone!

breaks4-ptskull.jpg

Great Pics, Any idea on cause of death on the buck? After you scan pics, how do you get them to appear directly on this site. I know how to post on another site and create a link, but that is a pain for the person who is looking at them. If you have any info, I would appreciate it,
Thanks,
Tanner

HM,

i'm pretty sure a rifle hunter wounded him up on top where there was a wheat stubble field, then he ran into the breaks and keeled over in the sage never to be found by the unlucky hunter.

most people who hunt the breaks never leave the rig, so a person that is willing to hike into the breaks themselves has a huge advantage...now if the bucks wouldn't get so stupid during the rut and foolishly chase does up into the stubble, they might survive to become big bucks!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-16-04 AT 03:21PM (MST)[p]Aaron,

Nice pictures and another great fine while "working". LOL Are you keeping that last set to add to the collection? Thanks for posting. That "fork" that matched to the 4 pointer was a great prize.

Brian

Brian,

believe it or not, but i wasn't "on the clock" when i found the dead buck, but i WAS on land belonging to the extended family of a client:) (of course, we're all related to each other around these parts anyway) LOL

yep, i gave that buck a "haircut" and he went into the "garbage cans" for future use.

and yes, i was super lucky to have found that "fork" 1/2 mile away and down the mountain from the 4-pt skull i showed you. i bet that'll never happen again in my lifetime. i'm glad you recalled that particular find, my collection must have made somewhat of an impression on you.

maybe i'll see you in late january,
Aaron

Aaron,
Yes that collection is something to see alright, thanks for the tour.
If things go well, will give you a call when we get up there in a few months.

Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom