A 'Swell' Weekend

BeanMan

Long Time Member
For my Wife's 42 birthday she wanted to go the Utah's San Rafael Swell and ride the ATV's with her Father. The Swell is a high desert full of red canyons and Cliff's about 100 miles west of the Colorado border.

Here is our weekend accomodation, Andrea's 81 ford pickup with a bed built level with the wheel wells.
SanRafaelSwell2006001.jpg

On top of Fix It Pass
SanRafaelSwell2006009.jpg

Slipper Arch
SanRafaelSwell2006011.jpg

Andrea on a tough part of 'The Devil's Racetrack'

AndreaSwell2006.jpg

We rode 120 miles in two days. Andrea had a great 42 BDay.

BeanMan

Looks like a great time! THanks for the pics, it looks like incredible country!

Drum

Fred,
Sure the misses doesn't mind you telling her age to us? LOL

Nice pictures and happy occasion for her.

Brian

Woody,

It was really cold and windy, that Jack Russel Terrier just doesn't have enough fur. He ran about 25 miles on Saturday and was a rider due to sore feet Sunday. He's got a custom made Driz-a-bone oil slicker with a half inch of wool fleece in it for inclement weather. When's he's riding he gets real cold. There was a quarter inch of ice on the dog bowl that morning.

BeanMan

Oh, okay, that explains it. For a minute there I thought the dog at least had enough sense to wear a parachute!:) Just kidding.

Thanks for the fun pics!

Steve

Thats right in my back yard.

I have been to that arch many a time. It sure is pretty country. Did you see any Desert sheep? We usually see some every trip.

Elkantlers,

We didn't see any sheep, where should I be looking next time? Perhaps I'm just riding too fast,at least that is what my Wife says.

bean

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom