A Voice in Utah

Zim

Very Active Member
Being from Indiana, I have been frustrated watching the SFW corruption go on the last 15 years, and having no voice in the matters. It seems that will be changing for at least the next two years, and likely much longer, because my sister-in-law just took the oath of office in the Utah House of Representatives. ? We are connected on FB and the next time SFW gets in another scandal, I'm going to give her a good history lesson. Not that it would matter since they own the governor, but at least I'll have somewhere to vent, and she will certainly learn the truth about the way they operate.

Just maybe she already knows.
I’m eager to find out, but I doubt it. She is a doctor and does not know anything about hunting stuff. I don’t intend to contact her anytime soon as obviously she’s just getting settled in this new position. I’ll approach her brother first, and run my experiences by him. He is an attorney for a federal gov’t defense contractor. They also have a sister that has been a lobbyist in Washington DC for 20+ years. She might even be familiar with Don Peay-to-Play.

Last edited:
She already knows $fw. Or at least knows the lobbyist "who doesnt speak for $fw, and is in no way affiliated with them".

SIL will now know where to get her bread buttered.....
She doesn't need any bread buttered. She is self-earned independently wealthy, unlike some scum defrauding the taxpayer & sportsmen there. Her intent is to represent her district constituents honestly. I expect she is in the vast minority of politicians.

Her whole family are devout Catholics, includes 3 who served in the military (2 Navy pilots), and has impeccable ethical standards. Her morals are waaaay too high to mess with this politics stuff.

Last edited:
Her intent is to represent her district constituents honestly.

Her morals are waaaay to high to mess with this politics stuff.

I don't know your SIL, and this is not a personal attack on her. She may well turn out to be the anomaly in politics.

But many go in with that same "intent", and those same "morals", and then find that the "system" just takes over, and before they know it, their old way of life and their old way of thinking just fades into a memory.

I don't know your SIL, and this is not a personal attack on her. She may well turn out to be the anomaly in politics.

But many go in with that same "intent", and those same "morals", and then find that the "system" just takes over, and before they know it, their old way of life and their old way of thinking just fades into a memory.
That is exactly why I typed my last sentence. I don’t think she should be messing with it. I would never even consider it myself based on a lifetime of my own observations. The more crooked & corrupt, the more successful in that business. Same as attorneys. Seem to rely on lying, cheating & stealing to be successful.

...they all need their bread buttered
Why?

On another note, it's not like she even wanted this position. The incumbent passed away unexpectedly. So a list of ten prospects to replace her was sent to the governor's office. It was not her idea. Someone else thought she would be a good candidate. SIL just went along with it. Cox liked her resume and picked her.

Last edited:
Her intent is to represent her district constituents honestly. I expect she is in the vast minority of politicians.
You trust politicians about as much as I do. Imagine how much better our government would work if a majority of politicians were "good people".

Exactly why we need term limits.

BrianID,
I had to leave Illinois for NW Indiana in 2019 specifically due to the 2nd most corrupt politicians in the country breaking their budget, much via deals with union mobsters negotiating unsustainable million dollar state employee pensions. I'm kind of actually surprised Cox picked my SIL based on her merits considering he is as corrupt as a three dollar bill. He must have been short on time.

We as US tax payers will be bailing out poor choices of states like Illinois soon enough. Unfortunately too many people in our country don't care enough about the corruption in politics.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom