Above timberline.

DirtyTough

I was thumbing through the regs and was curious what above timberline meant exactly? A couple of the early hunts have that as part of the boundary.

It means you can only hunt above the elevation where trees grow. In northern Colorado, timberline is around 11,000 feet. It gets closer to 12,000 feet in the southern part of the state.

lol. Yea it won't be a problem when I do hunt it. I cover hundreds of miles a year in the high country. Love the high stuff.

that is a good question, sometimes there are scrub pine trees growing up quite high, do you have to hunt higher than the highest of those? its a strange legal description of a boundry,

>that is a good question, sometimes
>there are scrub pine trees
>growing up quite high, do
>you have to hunt higher
>than the highest of those?
>its a strange legal description
>of a boundry,

No, the can't include those because they can be anywhere. However, there is usually a pretty good line of trees at the start of timberline that demarcates the change. It is a nebulous description though.

That said , I killed my high country buck about 5 feet above timberline as he came out to feed in the evening in the Sangre de Cristo range.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Where txhuner58 is talking about,
you gain about five foot of elevation,
to every five foot of forward progress.

Period....

Been there....

lrv

Lucky: I got an 8 x 7 29" buck. Grossed around 183. Worth ever step!

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom