ABQ Shooting: 6 dead so far . . .

maxxbob1

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-10 AT 03:48PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-10 AT 03:35?PM (MST)

News is still breaking . . .
Initially it was reported that 6 people were dead, but it has been revised downward to 3. I posted a link to the news story, but apparently my firewall at work was corrupting it, so I deleted the link.

This hit really close and my office was in lock down this morning because of this. Truely tragic, and my prayers and condolences go out to the families of the those innocent victims. The one bit of good news is that we were initially told that there were six dead, but that the number has now been reduced to five. Still...

Not that it's much consolation, but they've reduced the dead count to 3. Prayers out to all that have been affected.

Sad indeed! We also were on lockdown at the base (KAFB) this morning. The local news said the shooter and his intended target (ex GF or wife) have twin 5 year old boys. For the sake of the little ones, I pray she wasn't one of the three fatalities.

Been out of town and had not heard about it. Did they get the shooter or did he save everyone the trouble and did himself?

Paul,

The SOB took the cowardly way out. At least he saved the taxpayers money on a trial and incarceration. They said last night the Mom was in critical condition. Hope and pray she pulls through.

Here's the latest:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/13/new.mexico.shooting/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Lots of incorrect things that were initially reported as this was developing yesterday. A good reminder for all of us that you really can't trust it just because it's in print or you hear it on the news. I've heard that the shooter and his ex were in a custody battle over their 5-year old twin boys. If true, then may God be with them that they might somehow not be permanently scarred by this...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom