Acceptable?

blazingsaddle

LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-09 AT 07:52AM (MST)[p]I picked up my head mount from last years archery deer hunt. I can see the stitch line, and the stitching all the way up the back of the neck and the "Y" leading up to the antlers. Is this normal to be able to see this? I know the hair is very thin where the grey coat is coming through, which would make it tough to hide the seem, But it is very noticable.
I do not want to fuss about it if it is normal for a hide from that time of year.
I want to know if I got my moneys worth. The guy that did it has done great work in the past for me and is not cheap by any means. I do not want to tell him how to do his job either. But it does seem a bit noticable.

4a422e5f3e9697fa.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-09 AT 09:28AM (MST)[p]YES (just because everyone else said NO) :) One thing to consider who caped it? Your seam should be straight and pulled together nice and tight. But in all seriousness it should not look like that!

I just called the shop and they said to bring it back in and they would make it right. They also apologized for the problem.
I know they do good work there, and mistakes happen sometimes.
Thanks for all the input, I really did not know what was acceptable or not. As I do not have many head mounts.
Thanks again.

When I do my own taxidermy, I use epoxy or if its good and tight after it drys, I'll just paint it. Then I comb the hair over the stitches. I would take it back to your taxidermist. I obviously can't speak for them but I would think he or she would be willing to just paint and comb it to fix the problem.(A re-touch up job)

quest

bs,

Good to see them stand by their work. However, I am kind of shocked that a good taxi would not see that first and correct/not have the problem before-hand? Oh well, if they fix it that is all that matters...provided they can?

LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-09 AT 12:54PM (MST)[p]I would post the picture, but I'm afraid that it could come back to the shop somehow. I don't want to bash or talk bad about the business in any way.
As long as they are willing to fix it, and fix it well, its not a huge problem to me. I'll chalk it up to a mistake. If it comes back to me in bad shape, then the story will be different.
The font of the deer looks very good in my eyes, great detailing, realistic featuring, no complaints at all. I'm very happy with the front of it. I have seen many great mounts come out of that shop.
With that being said- still they knew it was subpar work, and they tried to get it out of the door. I'm not real thrilled about that part.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-09 AT 01:22PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-09 AT 01:13?PM (MST)

Muleymaddness

That makes two of us!

Have them fix the ear-butts while they are at it! From this angle the muscles are not where they should be!

Steve
www.muledeercountry.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom