Access in Area C

mano_a_mano

Brother and I are heading up for some doe/fawn antelope in southern Wy (good clean meat for my autistic sons special diet) and went ahead and got deer tags for area C since it was easy to draw (and not the new Area Y) just to make the most of the long trip. Maps look like there are plenty of county roads that get to plenty of BLM land.

Any suggestions on how to hunt this area? Where to hunt this area? (north, south, east, west, river bed or hillsides, sage or grass, etc.)

I expect to take a GPS to avoid the property boundaries but what kind of attitude should I expect from the locals (good or bad)?

Mostly looking to take home some meat and avoid driving around just looking for access. Not worried about antler size.

Dang man, goats in the south and deer up north? I would have found something close than that. Call the Sheridan G&F office and asked to talk with the biologist, thats what we pay them for.

I haven't hunted region C for a few years now, but we had no trouble getting permission to hunt at little to no cost when we told ranchers we were looking for antlerless opportunities. Several ranches we hunted on charge for anyone hunting bucks, but we got on at no charge when we informed them we only wanted to shoot a doe for my son.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom