Accubond bullet results

R

redrabbit

I recovered the Accubond bullet from my bull elk. The 200 grainer was shot out of a 300 WSM @ 2800 fps and penetrated the elk 155 yards away. It entered through the rear of the shoulder muscle, clipped a rib, broke an offside rib, went through the offside shoulder muscle(no bone was hit in either shoulder), put a pencil-sized hole through the far hide and lodged under the hide. The recoverd bullet weighed 140 grains (70% retention) and mushroomed to 0.55"

From what I've read, the Accubonds were designed to perform more like Partitions and not expand as much as the Sciroccos or Interbonds. I am pleased with its accuracy( my best group was 4 shots into 0.38") and performance as the bull only went 50 yards.

Considering some recent discussion on Sciroccos and Accubonds, I thought I'd relate my recent experience.

Doug/Red Rabbit

Thanks for the info..I have been using 165gr "Partitions" out of my 300RUM with very good results but want to load some Accubonds soon.

The Midway website lists the Nosler Accubond 30 cal in 180 grains with an expected availability of 12/5. This should be great for muley medicine. Also a 140gr in 7mm.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom