Accubond

justr_86

Long Time Member
Has anyone shot this bullet in a 300 win mag? I shoot triple shocks now, getting pretty expensive... I've heard good things about the accubond and its a little cheaper. I reload and my gun likes the hotter loads. What has your experience been?

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

great hunting bullet,for Biggame.Use it in both "Fav" hunting rifles --- 7 Mag and 300 Rum, Bruce & Silvergrand

Don't have a win. mag but use the 200 grain accubonds in my .300 RUM and they have been flawless so far. 3 one shot kills last year (antelope and 2 mulies) ranging from 360 yards to 635. Great ballistic coefficient as well at .588 I think. Can't go wrong with them.

I will be loading 525 300 mag rounds this summer, so the cost difference compared to barnes is about 50 free rounds.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

>I will be loading 525 300
>mag rounds this summer, so
>the cost difference compared to
>barnes is about 50 free
>rounds.
>

Keep in mind that it may take a few rounds to develop the load you want ..Could easily take 20 rounds or more to get the accuracy you want... The saving may not be worth it.

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

>>I will be loading 525 300
>>mag rounds this summer, so
>>the cost difference compared to
>>barnes is about 50 free
>>rounds.
>>
>
>Keep in mind that it may
>take a few rounds to
>develop the load you want
>..Could easily take 20 rounds
>or more to get the
>accuracy you want... The saving
>may not be worth it.
>
>
>
horsepoop.gif

>
>Disclaimer:
>The poster does not take any
>responsibility for any hurt or
>bad feelings. Reading threads poses
>inherent risks. The poster would
>like to remind readers to
>make sure they have a
>functional sense of humor before
>they visit any discussion board.
>

Very true... I will probably do it again next summer. Reloading is a new addiction for me. I have stuff and am working on over 2200 rounds of 12 gauge, 22-250, 270, 300 win mag. Probably do the same next year.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I use the Accubounds in my 270 WSM and 300 WSM.
In my 300 I load them to 3030 FPS with a 180 Gr. bullet
I have killed 2 elk and 2 deer with this set up and a dozen or so different animals with my 270 and absolutely think it is the best thing that has come around since sliced bread
I tried the triple shocks out a few years back
(a box of free bullets )and they did the job.But I'm sure you'll find the the Accubounds to be step above.
At more of a expense you wont be disappointed.But at a cheaper cost it would be a no brainier in my opinion

I shoot 180's out of my 300 win and I've had a few come apart on impact failing to exit. Not exactly the type of performance great bullets are graded on but the animals sure died quick.

Accubond is a great bullet, But for that once in a life time shot I was happy to have been shooting BARNS 168 TTSX and for hunting will never change!

I have been shooting them for 4 years in my 300 win mag and they have proven themselves on 10+ South Texas whitetails, 3 Rocky Mountain mule deer, several wild hogs in excess of 275 punds liveweight, and an aoudad ram in West Texas pushing 350 pounds. None of these except the aoudad required a second shot, and it did only because it was almost dark and he was 330 yards away, across a canyon. His shoulders were both broken after the first but he was twitching a little! Great bullets at seemingly any of the ranges I've shot from - 50 out to 450, running at 3010 fps, 180 grain.

T264

My daughter shot a moose at about 75 yards and hit it in the foreleg/elbow. I had her shoot it again just to be sure. Upon cleaning we discovered that the first shot broke up on the elbow and did not enter the ribcage. If she had not taken the followup shot we would have had a whole different situation. It was a 185 grain Accubond out of a 338.
I am mainly a Barnes guy and could not help thinking if it had been a Barnes bullet it would have penetrated into the vitals.

I have shot the 180 accbond out of my 300 wm for many years with excellent results. Wouldn't hesitate to give it a try.

I shoot the 150's out of my 300Wby Mag and love them. I have killed many deer, elk, and antelope with it. Love the bullet. JB

they work great in my 30-06 retain about 90 percent of their weight. they blow up outta my 30-378 and only retain about half their weight. should be ideal for a 300 winny. very accurate in my experience

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom