Accuracy Help

dropper10

Help! My muzz(rem.700ml) has shot nothing but perfectly until today! Here's the two things i've changed. 1)I switched to the triple seven(sulfer free) pellets (same 100gr. load) and also it was 90+ degrees outside. My first shot was great and then my gun sat on the hood of my truck(while we shot my buddies gun)for close to an hour. My barrel was way hot from the sun and my next 3 shots were all over the place! What do you guys think could be the issue? By the way my original pellets were normal hodgdons. Thanks for the help.

I don't use pellets or an inline but I will throw a guess in.
First 100 gr of pellets is not going to be the same as 100 gr of loose with a powder measure. Even pellets will weigh different with a scale. From what I saw with friends pellets Their actual weight was not consistent.
A lot of times I will measure a load with my powder measure by volume then weigh it with a scale. When I want a very tight group I will then match that weight. Remember I am NOT WEIGHING 100 GRAINS. Lets say 100 gr volume weighs 89 gr with the scale. I will weigh up the loads to 89 grains. I hope I am not confusing this. By keeping the grains the same it is one less variable.
Also you said your barrel was very hot from the sun. That higher temp can raise the pressure of the load. Also the heat could have affected the lube on a conical, or the plastic on a sabot. Fact is you just didn't do things the same as you used to and it didn't go well. Go back to what you know was good and go from there you will be glad you did.
Ron

I'm certainly not an expert on T7pellets, but my experience with them in my inline was not good the Pyrodex pellets just do alot better. I don't know why the difference, didn't really care as loose performs so good anyway over both of them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom