accuracy - omaga vs encore

browtine

Super Moderator
anyone know if there is a difference in accuracy between the encore vs omega.(distance or short range) (weight) these seem to be a couple of the best guns on the market from what i have heard. i know nothing really about the guns other then reading posts on this forum. any help would be apperciated.

I have shot both extensively and both are very accurate guns. If I was buying a new rifle, however, and didn't care if it had interchangeable barrels,I'd go with the Omega. It is without question the most accurate muzzleloader I have ever shot.

thanks, i dont really care about the interchangable barrels. i just want the most accurate and dependable gun available.

I'm thinking about buying an Omega but am curious how well non-sabot lead flies out of them. (Sabots NOT legal in Colorado). T/C seems to tout that they are made for sabots but I am curious how Maxi-balls or Buffalo bullets work. Anyone know??

DeerKing I have shoot a few Lubed bullets and could only get a fair gouping about 4" at a hundred and 11" at 200. With Sabot it just over a 1" at hundred and 3" at 2 hundred W/scope so they do shoot really good. get one and play with it until you find the right load and you will have a shooter. I have a friend who shoots better with iron sights than most with a scope.I use the SS Omega

Hey Gator,

If you don't mind me asking, how much do Omegas generally run, and what did you pay for your SS? Thanks in advance.

Noel

Deerking shoots better with iron sights too!...

Seriously has anyone shot Black belt bullets through an Omega yet? I'd like to get one too but am a colorado resident as well.

Re: Omega vs. Encore

We have been testing both . . .

They both shoot very accurately with 295 gr. Powerbelts. Accuracy is virtually identical.

I brought one of the first ones out, it was about 450 or so they are cheaper now. It is more accurate then my MK-85 You can get a good deal at Midsouthshootingsupply, they have them as low as 308 for blue on blue

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom